VP of Commercial Services
Maps Credit Union
Maps Credit Union seeks a dynamic VP of Commercial Services to oversee the offices of Commercial Lending and Business Deposits. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, this position contributes to the financial stability and long-term viability of the Credit Union by strategically aligning departmental goals with organizational objectives and culture.
The VP of Commercial Services will:
– Model and instill strategic leadership and accountability to constituencies. Create a superior service culture by ensuring a high-quality client service environment in the department and indirectly throughout the organization.
– Exercise executive and administrative control over assigned offices, including participation in the budget process, implementation of area policies, and explanation of company programs and objectives.
– Direct all operational aspects of the Commercial Lending and Business Deposit offices which includes managing and growing the portfolio and providing oversite in the areas of underwriting, documentation, and ensuring soundness within the portfolio.
– Manage the daily activities and functions of the offices and demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all departmental and organizational processes and procedures.
– Provide consistent sound decision-making and develop and motivate staff to strengthen individual and team performance. Responsible for establishing sales goals and strategies and assessing performance against set goals.
– Interview loan applicants, negotiate loan structure, obtain pertinent loan information and data, analyze financials, and complete credit and property evaluation to determine loan request feasibility.
– Participate in Credit Union development activities and represent the Credit Union in industry and professional associations, community organizations, local business groups, etc.
– Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and maintaining professional relationships
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Small Business Management is required. Additional qualifications include a minimum of 8 years of Banking/Credit Union commercial lending and financial services experience with progressive responsibilities and 5+ years of experience in a supervisory role. Must possess a valid Oregon Driver’s License and be bondable.
As a Maps Credit Union employee, you will enjoy a competitive salary, a strong benefits package, and a collaborative team atmosphere. Maps values your knowledge and expertise and believes in giving back to employees, members, and the local community.