Self-Help Federal Credit Union
The Universal Member Service Representative serves as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the member’s daily needs.
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a friendly and professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient and accurate.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member’s needs.
- Open Dreamer Loans
- Open new membership accounts.
- Take applications and process consumer loans *
- Provide general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies in-person or by-telephone.
- Respond to members’ inquiries, requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Perform account transactions and maintenance as authorized, including processing share deposit payments, loan payments, CD transactions, lines of credit advances, and account transfers; disbursing cash and check withdrawals; monitoring receipts, counting cash and performing reconciliations; adding joint owners, completing address changes and competing any other necessary teller functions.
- Refer mortgage loans to Branch Manager.
- May be required to travel to cover other Branches.
CASH HANDLING AND BALANCING
- Open, close and balance cash drawer daily. Maintain drawer cash levels within prescribed amounts.
- Enter night, ATM and mail deposits.
- Handle Vault Teller responsibilities, managing, balancing and balancing flow of cash in and out of the vault. *
- Balance ATM daily. (Part of dual control team.)
- Participate in activities to build new relationships such as business development. *
- Identify and refer potential leads for business development. *
- Perform various administrative tasks.
- Mail receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Act as role model for teller staff
- Support teller staff with guidance on more difficult transactions
- Assist branch management with filing and record retention of daily reports
- Provide supervisor overrides for cash withdrawals up to $5,000
- Support management in providing feedback on teller performance*
- Open and/or close in absence of supervisor, assistant branch manager and branch manager
- Responsible of supervising the branch in the absence of supervisor, assistant branch manager and branch manager
- Other duties, responsibilities, and projects as assigned.
All job duties, responsibilities, and projects to be performed in accordance with credit union policies and procedures.
A Universal Member Service Representative must be able to competently perform all principal duties and responsibilities required of a Lead Teller.
Credentials, Experience and Skills:
- English/Spanish fluency is
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in banking or retail.
- Ability to form and maintain strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use keyboard and data entry skills.
- May be required to travel to cover other branches.
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.