Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the IT Operations team in our downtown Portland headquarters, the Systems Administrator is responsible for supporting a variety of business unit systems and services to ensure operational efficiency and reliable results, in support of our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Responsible for the configuration and settings for business applications in collaboration with business units, vendors, and others in IT to satisfy business requirements and maximize functionality.
- Respond to service requests, troubleshoot application issues, orchestrate effective testing, build efficiency, provide user training and documentation, and manage application projects to completion.
- Complete application updates and upgrades within appropriate frequency, assess and review feature updates and enablement, and assess infrastructure impact and requirements.
- Conduct process reviews and requirements gathering with users and lead and/or participate in meetings with individuals and groups to continuously improve functionality.
- Participate in managing vendor relationships through recurring business reviews, vendor contact updates, tracking and preparing for contract termination dates, and conducting incident-related vendor meetings as needed.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or Business, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience as an applications or systems engineer with related job duties, or in closely related positions.
- Experience with solving issues with applications and system upgrades in support of one or more business units, including previous experience serving in the role of system administrator on at least one application.
- Basic proficiency in SQL, PowerShell, Visio and/or process mapping is helpful.
- Excellent analytical and issue resolution skills, ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks, and ability to perform research.
- Working knowledge of business process modeling tools such as Lean Six Sigma methodology and concepts and ability to utilize the tools to increase efficiency, reduce errors, and improve quality.
- Strong math and logic skills to apply in configuring and testing application results.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate technical information to non-technical users, and use effective listening, problem solving, customer service and tact in dealing with internal and external colleagues and vendors.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.