Sr. Mortgage Loan Consultant
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring a full-time hourly non-exempt Senior Mortgage Loan Consultant to work out of our Silverdale, WA location in beautiful Kitsap County Washington. This role is eligible for hybrid work. The Sr. Mortgage Loan Consultant is responsible for the timely and accurate origination of members’ home loans, working with members throughout the process, ensuring all documentation is accurate, and that all loans meet regulatory compliance from origination to closing.
Employment Type: Hourly, $30.45+ Depending on experience
Working hours: Full-time, hybrid
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Vice President of Real Estate
Job Functions: Lending, Real Estate Lending, Mortgage, Loans
Typical Job Duties
- Manage and develop a mortgage pipeline and third-party vendor services to ensure delivery of quality mortgage products and services in cost-effective manner
- Review and update real estate loan applications submitted online, over the phone, in person or via the branch to ensure information is accurate and meets product guidelines and risk profile
- Review Automated underwriting system conditions ensuring that the loan meets eligibility, underwriting conditions for closing are received and regulatory requirements are met on all loans
- Structure Conventional, Jumbo, Government and special mortgage loan programs and have the knowledge of the necessary documentation for processing and obtaining underwriting approval
- Verify the accuracy and integrity of all member and collateral information and documentation to determine acceptability and negotiate loan terms and pricing
This role may be right for you if you enjoy working in real estate lending and sharing your previous work experience to help your team. You pride yourself on your keen attention to detail and ability to turn no into yes. Your previous employers praise your ability to stay organized and proactively achieve goals ahead of deadlines, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to clearly communicate the lending process and willingness to break things down and explain them to both potential customers and teammates alike. Your friends consider you an excellent coach, optimist, and motivator and your family is proud of your ability to help community members in meeting their dreams of owning a home.
- High School diploma or GED
- Four plus years’ experience in the mortgage industry underwriting, structuring, and documenting real estate secured loans, analyzing income, asset, and credit and collateral documentation.
- A thorough knowledge of first mortgage real estate lending practices including federal regulatory requirements, FNMA/FHMLMC and GNMA, state regulations, agency, and Credit Union requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within 30 days of hire and comply with SAFE Act regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five plus years’ experience in the mortgage industry underwriting, structuring, and documenting real estate secured loans, analyzing income, asset, credit and collateral documentation.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******