Sr. Member Support Specialist, Call Center
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the centralized Retail Call Center team, the Sr. Member Support Specialist provides a full range of sales, service, and complex resolution activities designed to retain existing member relationships and enable growth of new relationships. This individual will also serve as a peer resource and escalation point for the full range of routine to complex servicing topics, providing exceptional service to their team and to Unitus members – the kind of service that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
This position will be located in our downtown Portland headquarters with the potential to work remotely after six months of satisfactory performance.
- Assists members in processing financial transactions and inquiries on the phone in accordance with established policies, procedures, and authority levels.
- Recommends and cross-sells appropriate products and services based on member needs.
- Serves as a peer resource and escalation point for the full range of routine to complex servicing topics including intricate technical issue resolution.
- Participate in Saturday shift rotations
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent certificate
- Requires a minimum of one year of experience in a fast-paced customer service role
- Requires two years of experience in banking, call center, or equivalent combination in a financial institution
- Must have experience with online channels and solving common technology problems for members
- Spanish language skills are helpful
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing! Unitus offers great benefits including Health Care Benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, holidays and disability insurance, performance incentive, tuition reimbursement, student loan debt repayment, company-paid transit, and paid volunteer time. For more information about these benefits, please see our website.
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.