Sr. Consumer Loan Processor
Verity Credit Union
Region: Seattle, WA
Contact: Nichole Griepentrog
Phone: (206) 440-9000
Verity Credit Union is hiring a Senior Consumer Loan Processor at our Northgate headquarters. This position will handle all consumer loan types, including real estate loans, from approval through post funding review. Processor will have extensive contact with members via phone/email and is to develop and maintain relationships in a manner that will enhance the overall strategic goals of the Credit Union.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We are the only financial institution in the Pacific Northwest that is a part of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV), one of 54 financial institutions around the globe committed to a triple bottom line approach to our banking, which means that people, planet and prosperity are at the heart of everything we do.
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2020 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee’s own reviews.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to manage a high volume pipeline of all consumer and home equity loan types.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone with members and all parties involved to ensure closing deadlines are met.
- Ensure loan conditions of approval are requested and received in a timely manner. Follow up on conditions when necessary.
- Support internal and external members while maintaining a courteous and helpful attitude.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Verity Credit Union’s loan products and services.
- Understand and comply with applicable federal and state laws, banking regulations and Verity Credit Unions policies and procedures.
- Educate and cross-sell members of consumer loan protection products such as MBP, Gap Insurance and Debt Cancellation.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Please Note: If you feel you do not have all the qualifications and/or skills listed we still encourage you to apply.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in a Consumer Lending role
- One year or more of home equity loan processing a plus
- Solar loan processing experience a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Flexibility in days/hours scheduled.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodate the physical aspects of any position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to be issued and maintain a valid notary certification.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.