Maps Credit Union
- Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti‐Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies.
- Responsible for the planning, design, testing, implementation, and support of new software development and integrations – using agile methodology.
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Perform maintenance and administration of development databases.
- Utilize and maintain existing change control systems.
- Conduct product research.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and co-workers.
- Report to direct manager on status of assigned development projects.
- Maintain operations by staying informed of and following policies and procedures; report needed changes.
- Enhance job performance by applying up-to-date professional and technical knowledge gained by attending training sessions, reviewing professional publications, and maintaining professional relationships.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to development objectives by accomplishing related results as assigned.
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise. Position involves exposure to potential hazardous conditions, e.g., robbery. Position may require extended hours (applies to full-time and part-time schedules) and travel to outlying Credit Union branches.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer Telephone Voice Mail
E-Mail Automobile General Office Supplies
Fax Machine Copier
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting/Standing/Walking: Approximately 90% of time is spent seated while working at a desk. Balance of time (approximately 10%) is spent standing or moving around work areas.
Speaking/Hearing: Clear diction and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with co-workers, members, and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
Vision: Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use the computer screens and interpret written information.
Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling: The ability to lift up to twenty pounds and push or pull up to thirty-five pounds is necessary for transporting equipment and office supplies.
Stooping/Kneeling: The ability to stoop and kneel is necessary for accessing files and working on computer equipment.
Reaching/Handling: Good manual dexterity is necessary for computer keyboard use and for retrieving and working with appropriate paperwork, equipment, and supplies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge of web, service layer, and desktop development technologies.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priority as necessary.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work with co-workers, members, and outside agencies professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
- BS/CS degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum two to four years’ experience in planning, design, development, implementation and support of software systems.
- Mobile development (iOS and Android) experience preferred.
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- Must be bondable.
- Must submit to an annual background investigative report initiated by the Credit Union. The investigative report will include credit and criminal review, and results must meet the minimum standards established by the Credit Union in its hiring practices. Refusal to cooperate with this required investigative reporting or failure to meet the minimum standards established may result in immediate employment termination.