Kitsap Credit Union
Please note that Kitsap Credit Union is a non-profit organization employing more than 100 people, and as such falls under the purview of the recent presidential direction for mandated COVID vaccinations. All Kitsap Credit Union employees fall under this mandate for vaccination and as such must present proof of vaccination to be eligible for hire.
Kitsap Credit Union has a full-time, salaried, in-person or hybrid opening for a Senior Accountant in beautiful Kitsap County, WA. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working within the general ledger, and on reconciliations, financial statements, investments, and fixed assets. The new employee will play a pivotal role in completing our month-end and year-end close, ensuring our GAAP and NCUA compliance, and in maintaining other tax and accounting reports. Another core function of this role is providing co-workers and subordinates with coaching and training on processes, and process improvement.
Typical Job Duties:
- Complete month-end and year-end financial close and reporting process in accordance with GAAP
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other staff of KCU
- Mentor and cross train other accountants in the department as directed to include such areas as investments, accounts payable, fixed assets and loan participations
- Leads the annual 990 tax form preparation processes coordinating with external CPA resources
- Reviews and submits regulatory reports, including the NCUA 5300 Call Report, CU Profile and Federal Reserve 2900 Report being responsible for implementing any directed reporting changes from the regulatory agencies
Title: Senior Accountant
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Supervisor, Accounting
Employment Type: Full Time, Salaried, in-person
Job Functions: Accounting, Reporting, Finance, Business
This role may be right for you if you have a keen eye to both detail and compliance. You pride yourself on understanding regulations and your ability to resolve complex reconcilliation across ledgers. Your previous employers’ site your ability to accurately prepare statements and reports ahead of deadlines, and your previous coworkers talk about how you were always available for questions and to teach them something new. Your friends seek you out when they are trying to make sense of their budgets and you’re always ready to help. Your family is proud of your ability to proactively plan and manage the budget in a way that benefits them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Five plus years’ experience with a credit union in an accounting or finance department, or equivalent accounting or finance experience required
- Experience in working with NCUA/DFI and/or independent auditors
- Experience with Fiserv Prologue General Ledger system and Reconciliation software
- Experience with Jack Henry Episys-Symitar
*****Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.*****