Beginning Pay Range: $23.79 – $29.74 per hour
OCCU is looking for an experienced Operations Recruiter to join our growing and high performing team. If you have matching experience and want to work for a dynamic credit union consider applying today! The Operations Recruiter is responsible for meeting hiring goals by filling open Operations positions with talented and qualified candidates. They are responsible for the full life cycle of the recruiting process. This includes sourcing and screening candidates, coordinating and conducting the interview process, and facilitating offers and background screening, all while ensuring candidates have an exceptional experience.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Possess and leverage knowledge of employment law and recruiting best practices.
- Source and maintain a strong pool of talent by recruiting diverse candidates, ensuring that pools of applicants are available for the most frequently hired roles. Anticipate future open roles based on movement or potential movement of existing FTE within the organization and proactively prepare to fill these roles quickly and efficiently to ensure minimal disruption due to turnover.
- Screen candidates based on position requirements by reviewing applications, sending assessments and reviewing results. Provide prompt and courteous candidate communication.
- Schedule and conduct candidate interviews. Coordinate final interview with hiring managers and/or present final candidate for hire.
- Create an exceptional candidate experience. Act as a point of contact for candidates and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process.
- Enhance employee experience, engagement and retention by providing candidates with realistic expectations, clear and kind communication, support, guidance and answers to questions.
- Partner with hiring managers to determine current talent needs and continuously improve the hiring progress.
- Assess and update Operations job descriptions regularly ensuring that all descriptions are reviewed at least biennially.
- Maintain a basic understanding of operational job responsibilities including technology platforms and tools used to perform their job.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to create interview questions, develop matrices and assessments/projects/questionnaires that comply with employment law.
- Develop and continuously update a hiring strategy to help target ideal candidates who align with OCCU’s vision and values and ensure a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce.
- Perform diverse sourcing strategies with tenacious pursuit of talent to assist OCCU in meeting strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with Brand & Experience to develop and maintain positive employment branding on recruitment sites and social media platforms.
- Monitor open positions and pools of applicants daily ensuring that the hiring process is moving forward in a timely manner.
- Build and develop a strong network of professional relationships.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with colleges, universities, staffing/recruiting agencies, labor departments and other organizations.
- Coordinate and attend career fairs and other recruiting events.
- Serve as the point of contact and liaison with candidates, agencies and hiring managers.
- Examine performance of open requisitions and modify selection plans to increase effectiveness.
- Deliver regular updates to key stakeholders to ensure they have insight into the selection progress and vacancies.
- Assist in wage calculations in collaboration with the HR Leadership.
- Provide reports of hiring and turnover trends and strategize with hiring managers, the Recruitment Administrator and HR leadership to make enhancements or mitigate turnover.
- Effectively partner with hiring managers and Organizational Development to ensure all candidate coordination activities run smoothly and efficiently (job posting, candidate scheduling, job offer processing and onboarding).
- Serve as a subject matter expert of Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Track recruitment costs and the amount of time job openings remain vacant.
- Perform a variety of tasks to support HR projects and initiatives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Three to five years of recruiting or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Hands on experience with various selection processes including phone and video interview techniques and applicant screening methods.
- Understanding of employment laws and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer