MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
Maps Credit Union
1. Follows regulatory and policy compliance requirements, which include those efforts in compliance with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations, Identity Theft Red Flags and other compliance related Policies.
2. Responsible for identifying, developing, soliciting, managing, servicing and expanding member relationships by offering a full range of mortgage products and services to existing and potential new members.
3. Collaborates with internal partners to uncover sales opportunities. Proactively profiles and regularly contacts members and prospects to uncover mortgage loan needs and refer other credit union products and services; follows up to ensure the full opportunity has been captured.
4. Actively generates loan leads, solicits new business and develops and maintains sources, cultivating a referral network, such as realtors and builders.
5. Facilitates and assists applicants with the mortgage loan application process; manages borrower expectations and establishes a valuable trust relationship resulting in repeat business and loan referrals.
6. Interviews applicant, collects, examines, and evaluates financial and personal data in order to counsel and recommend appropriate lending products.
7. Conducts preliminary application review; submits application to processing and underwriting for approval. Maintains a high level of contact with member to ensure that needs are met and documents required for processing, underwriting and closing are secured in a timely manner.
8. Provides superior customer service. Corresponds, communicates and coordinates with applicants, in-house staff and external providers to facilitate timely closings.
9. Ensures all regulatory disclosures are provided to applicants are in timely compliance.
10. Must understand and comply with all aspects of the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Truth and Lending Act (TILA) and all other laws, regulations, policies and procedures related the residential loan programs offered and the mortgage origination process.
11. Maintains thorough knowledge of mortgage loan products and pricing, and a working knowledge of underwriting requirements for Credit Union, secondary market investors and mortgage insurance companies.
12. Partners with and supports branch mortgage loan activity; acts as a residential loan resource for branch staff, visits branches on a regular basis to provide training and assist with branch mortgage loan sales efforts.
13. Responsible for achieving and tracking mortgage loan and client acquisition goals. Prepares periodic sales activity and performance reports detailing results for senior management review.
14. Participates in Credit Union development activities, represents the Credit Union in industry and professional associations, develops and maintains community and business relations by actively participating in groups which can foster client relationships and promotes the Credit Union’s image within the community.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Contribute to attaining Credit Union objectives by performing other duties as assigned.
Pay Range: $22.85-$34.27
1. Associate’s Degree or equivalent professional experience and industry specific training in a relevant field such as Real Estate Lending, Banking, Finance.
2. 3-5 years of previous residential mortgage lending experience with progressive responsibilities.
3. 3-5 years experience in customer relationship, business development and in direct and indirect selling roles.
4. Must possess a valid Oregon driver’s license.
5. Must be bondable.
6. Must meet the minimum standards set by SAFE and any applicable state laws. These minimum standards include but are not limited to: (1) never having the employee’s loan originator license revoked in any governmental jurisdiction, and (2) not having been convicted of nor pled guilty or nolo contendere to a felony in a domestic, foreign, or military court (a) during the seven-year period preceding the date of application for licensing and registration, or (b) at any time preceding such date of application if such felony involved an act of fraud, act of dishonesty, a breach of trust, or money laundering.
7. Must be eligible to renew and must maintain registration with the Registry or the applicable state agency. Failure to renew or maintain registration will result in immediate termination.