Loan Department Manager
Great NorthWest Federal Credit Union
Lending Department Manager
Salary Grade: Level 6 –($40800 – $72000) Depending on Experience
Reports to: CEO/Executive VP
Status: ExemptSupervises: Loan Department staff
Purpose: Responsible for all phases of the lending function of the credit union. Provide training and support for staff as needed. Reports to CEO/Executive VP with a monthly loan re-cap.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides strategic direction for all phases of lending and collections, including consumer, mortgage and business products.
- Provides lending products and delivery that meet the needs of the market.
- Develops secondary market partners and coordinates the sale of loans.
- Recommends pricing strategies to support the CU goals.
- Monitors the sales of Life & Disability Insurance.
- Provides training and does coaching for staff toward goal achievement.
- Monitors the CUDL program and provides a monthly report.
- Performs monthly loan audits.
- Back-up for all lending and collections staff.
- Processes all employee loans.
- Coordinates with the Compliance Officer to make sure the loan program is in compliance.
- Responsible for providing lending compliance training and testing programs.
- Implements regulatory changes when needed.
- Participates in the development of the Strategic Plan.
- Assists in research and development of new services.
- Monitors the financial results of the credit union and provides monthly reports for the Board of Directors.
- Employees responsible for selling or processing loans will have a set monthly goal for cross-selling Credit Life and Disability Insurances. These goals will be monitored and scored in reviews.
- Following MIP procedures. Following all record keeping procedures (loans over $10,000. Not secured by real estate).
- Must comply with the credit union’s BSA/AML/OFAC policy as required by the position.
Qualifications, Knowledge, skills and abilities desired:
A Bachelors degree in business, finance or related field and/or three years experience in financial lending. Demonstrated work experience and performance may be substituted. Excellent communication, interpersonal, management and organizational skills. Employees of GNWFCU must possess mobility and stamina to work in a standard office setting. Employee must be able to use standard office equipment. At times some employees may have to lift items up to 30 pounds. Part of the job requirements may include the need to stand or sit for long periods of time. Some employees may need the ability to raise arms above their head. Employees should have adequate hearing and speech to communicate with our members and/or staff on the phone, in person or through the drive-thru speaker systems. This statement is not all inclusive of the physical requirements but is in general, covering most areas of the credit union. GNWFCU will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations to an employee with a physical, mental or sensory disability in order to allow that employee to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Aspects of this position may be changed or supplemented from time to time, at the sole discretion of management.