Lending Member Advocate
Qualstar Credit Union
Use your customer service and administrative experience in a position that offers a career opportunity you can take pride in. No banking experience? No problem! We have on-the-job training to teach you the specifics — passion and people skills are what we are looking for . . . You will learn the procedures and details as you go.
We like to make a difference in our members’ lives. We work hard every day to help our members improve their financial situations and we take pride in the service we provide. If you have excellent administrative, communication, and customer service skills, plus a knack for problem solving, you may be the perfect person to join our Lending Department! If you are looking for a job where you just process loans, this isn’t the position for you. If you are looking to be part of a strong team of people who make sure members have loan products that make sense for their financial situation, we want to hear from you!
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Comprehensive job training provided
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide exceptional member service and education regarding consumer lending products.
- Assist all members with their lending needs in a fast, efficient and professional manner in a Call Center environment.
- Be able to answer questions from members accurately by utilizing appropriate resources, and knowing when to get assistance as needed to ensure member needs are resolved.
- Represent Qualstar’s Service Standards in all internal and external member interactions.
- Educate member on credit union products and services based on member’s needs.
- Meet individual goals for educating and building business with members.
- Maintain service levels in the Lending Call Center.
- Perform comprehensive account and service functions as well as maintenance of consumer loans.
- Interview members to accurately complete their consumer loan applications. Must be able to explain the status of their applications, the next steps in the process, and be able to explain alternative options in the case of a denial.
- Assist members in finalizing loan documentation and security instruments; including going over the loan terms and answering general questions.
- Functions include, but are not limited to answering consumer lending phone calls, Visa balance transfers, monitor/track/process internet applications, loan document tracking and filing, monitor/track/process incoming faxes, monitor lending queues, monitor incoming emails, and other file maintenance as needed.
- Support the lending processing team as needed.
- Contribute to the departmental team and corporate goals.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school or equivalent education required.
- Recent financial institution experience in a lending position desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently by phone.
- Possess a positive, cooperative attitude with a regard for providing high quality member service.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, work quickly, efficiently and accurately to meet daily deadlines.
- Typing speed of at least 30 wpm.
- Must be registered as a Mortgage Loan Originator per the S.A.F.E Act requirements.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.