SELCO Community Credit Union
Investment Consultant – SELCO Insurance and Retirement Services (SIRS)
Location: Eugene/Springfield, Oregon
Work location: this position is only eligible for onsite work arrangements in the Eugene/Springfield area. Remote work arrangements are currently not available for this position.
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-Time (40 hours/week)
Benefit eligible: Yes (full benefits)
FSLA status: Non-Exempt
Required schedule/availability: M-F (8:30am-5:30pm)
Starting pay range: $3,854.00-$4,322.00 per month. Fully licensed individuals in this position may be eligible for additional commissions and incentives.
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Community Credit Union is looking for a full-time SIRS Investment Consultant to join our team in the Eugene/Springfield area. This position provides administrative support to SELCO Investment and Retirement Services and SIRS Investment Advisors. Develops and supports client financial relationships with SELCO Community Credit Union members utilizing non-deposit investment products including, but not limited to, securities and insurance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience; and two (2) years of related financial services experience. In addition, candidates must either currently possess or be able to obtain the following licenses within 3-6 months of hire:
- A valid Oregon Insurance Licenses, Life and Health, Variable Products; and
- FINRA Registered Series 7, 63 and 65 or Series 7 and 66
To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Provide administrative support including, answering calls, greeting and directing customers, distributing mail, ordering office supplies, and scheduling appointments.
- Facilitate and coordinate communications with clients, investment companies, and co-workers.
- Service client accounts including updating client information, assisting with withdrawal requests and other client forms, processing trade documents, responding to client inquires, re-registering investment accounts.
- Prepare client investments reviews.
- Review all trade confirmations for accuracy and completion.
- Assist in the organization of SELCO Investment and Retirement Services’ seminars and other marketing related activities including, overseeing seminar registration, ordering seminar supplies and materials, setting up event space, greeting attendees, and maintaining referral program.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Exceptional customer service skills by using the GVAL-HI approach to providing service. Greet people. Value them. Ask how you can help. Listen. Help them. Invite them back.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Strong computer and software skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software and departmental computer systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good time management and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including the flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or equivalent experience; and
- At least two (2) years of financial services experience; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license; and
- Possess a valid Oregon Insurance Licenses, Life and Health, Variable Products, or obtain within 3-6 months of hire; and
- Possess FINRA Registered Series 7,63 and 65 or Series 7 and 66, or obtain within 3-6 months of hire; and
- Must be bondable