Internal Communications Specialist
iQ Credit Union
Vancouver, WA - optional remote
The Internal Communications Specialist is responsible for coordinating, creating, and delivering communications to staff that strengthens a dynamic culture and supports a well-informed workplace. They will help shape communication strategy and execute communication plans.
A successful candidate will be an incredibly strong writer and communicator, with the ability to make the complicated sound simple while ensuring a consistent and thoughtful narrative. A successful Internal Communications Specialist will be an authentic communicator who is passionate about employee engagement and enriching the lives of colleagues and members. They will help foster an inclusive environment and keep teams informed, engaged, and connected. This role is part of the marketing department and responsible for the growth of a new internal communications program.
- Assists with development of internal communication strategies designed to communicate organizational and business line growth, projects, initiatives, and strategies through a variety of formats and platforms.
- Creates and executes annual internal corporate communications plan and editorial calendar, ensuring organizational initiatives, projects, and internal communications are aligned to iQs overall vision, operating principles, and strategic plan. Monitors progress and tracks results using available metrics.
- Evaluates existing channels and provide recommendations for enhancing and improving information delivery to and engagement with employees throughout the organization. Constantly works to streamline internal communication content flow, creating a simpler and more intuitive way for employees to access helpful information.
- Provide recommendations and support for external executive messaging, corporate awards, and member/community communications.
- Develops and edits engaging, on-brand content for various communication channels including the intranet, organization-wide announcements, videos, and employee events.
- Manages corporate communication requests from internal departments. Edits, drafts, and aligns messaging with corporate communications standards, goals, and strategy.
- Counsels and advises internal colleagues and project teams on communication strategies and tools to accomplish specific objectives.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of corporate communications standards; partners with leadership and management team to ensure guidelines are followed.
- Develops and implements creative scripting solutions to drive employee conversation and employee engagement initiatives.
- Works to ensure internal communications reinforce engagement and culture transformation.
- Works closely with the Marketing team to help build, create, and deliver internal content (copy, graphics, videos) from planning to execution.
- Monitor and report on content marketing metrics and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics.
- Demonstrates strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
- Supports Community Impact team at community events.
- May assist with the production of internal and external videos. Conducts research, develops scripts, schedules production activity and coordinates shoots. Edits video and audio using editing software.
- Contributes to the development of creative content ideas for internal and external communication, including public relations agency and social media team.
- Provides support for crisis communications operations and serves as back up spokesperson for the Credit Union.
Education: Bachelors degree in communications, marketing, or public relations, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience: 5+ years prior experience in a related internal communications, marketing, or public relations role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively at all organizational levels within the credit union – to employees, members, the community, and business and non-profit partner organizations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required, with the ability to research issues, summarize findings, and make meaningful recommendations
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to successful manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in proofreading, copywriting, and copy editing
- Ability to review designs against a pre-set branding guide
- Proficiency utilizing SharePoint and Teams is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including advanced PowerPoint knowledge.
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage assignments from inception to completion
- Ability to present and effectively communicate how a creative vision will help achieve goals
- Possess creativity, show initiative and good judgment
- Basic graphic design, video production and editing skills preferred