Foundation Strategic Initiatives Manager, GoWest Foundation – Job #3446
GoWest Credit Union Association
AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA & WY
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Phone: (206) 340-4842
The GoWest Foundation is seeking an entrepreneurially minded manager of community and social impact to help accelerate the Foundation’s strategic initiatives. If building partnerships that impact the financial wellbeing of people and communities excites you, this might be the role for you.
Powered by a network of credit unions, GoWest Foundation is uniquely positioned to leverage and deliver resources that strengthen the financial lives of people and communities across a six-state region. As a part of the GoWest Credit Union Association family of organizations, GoWest Foundation serves not-for-profit member-owned financial cooperatives. Credit unions are more than financial services providers. They are socially responsible pillars in their communities, helping consumers achieve financial wellness while positively impacting the areas they serve. When you join the GoWest Foundation, you play a critical role in supporting the region’s credit unions, so they can continue to make a positive difference in the lives of their members and communities.
We offer a smart working environment which provides flexibility and choice for our team members. Employees have the flexibility to work where it makes sense for them to accomplish their work in support of the organization’s priorities. This position offers the flexibility of working remotely from within one of our regional states (AZ, CO, ID, OR, WA, & WY) or in one of our offices (AZ, CO, ID, OR, & WA).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Director of Community Impact to identify key goals, objectives, and activities to advance strategic initiatives of the Foundation, including workforce housing, rural access to financial services, hunger relief, and disaster resilience.
- Work cross-team to create and execute opportunities to convene credit unions around strategic initiative focus areas.
- Manage and Network with local and regional funders and community organizations that are aligned with Foundation strategic initiatives.
- Engage credit unions in initiatives through opportunities to support, collaborate, and participate in programs and projects.
- Develop and manage corresponding resources, toolkits, presentations, and written materials to support initiative outreach and activities.
- Manage credit union partnerships, collaboratives, and programs aligned with the strategic priorities of the Foundation. Work with the Foundation team to identify and manage key activities to move partnerships forward.
- Manage Foundation special projects (ie. the Financial Empowerment Collaborative), develop a deep understanding of the project’s goals and objectives, provide structure and timelines, coordinate across multiple partners, identify key activities and establish roles and responsibilities, and provide ongoing communication.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Foundation strategic initiative focus areas including rural communities, housing, and other emerging issues across the region. Regularly review industry research, publications, and best practices to inform programming.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years sector experience in nonprofit or community development programs. This position requires you to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to launch and manage large initiatives, an attention to detail, and a team work ethic.
Salary ranges from $55-$68k base salary, depending on experience. Generous benefits package including employer-paid medical/dental, 401k match and contribution, paid PTO & vacation, flexibility, and much more.
GoWest Credit Union Association is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Apply by emailing your resume to email@example.com with the job #3446 in the subject line, or by faxing the same to 206.340.4802.
Please log in before posting jobs.