Enterprise Application Administrator
Red Canoe Credit Union
- Complete administration and configuration of systems managed. Maintain security and setup of managed applications. Assist with design of applications. Maintain development and monitor processes/jobs.
- Research, develop, coordination and testing new products as needed or assigned. Provide coordination and direction with other staff and Management. Participate in all project meetings. Implementation of projects, including testing, staff training and documentation.
- Research 3rd party software to meet credit union needs.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to implement software. Responsible for relationship with vendors to help assist us in the implementation and support of products. Stays informed concerning vendor roadmaps and keeps staff up to date on upcoming functionality.
- Research, create and test custom reports, scripts, forms utilities or programs as needed.
- Responsible for related programming and development. Creating programs or utilities to gather related information for staff and management.
- Responsible for automation for all users. Develop and maintain automation with software. Create scripting programs to build the automation. Creating scripts to monitor IT Operations daily/monthly/annual programs.
- Work with staff in finding ways to develop automation and efficiencies throughout the credit union.
- Analyze, develop, and support new or existing programs and utilities as needed for OpCon, Episys, EWF, PC, Synapsys CRM, Image Center, Xperience, DocuSign, MeridianLink, Encompass, Digital Banking, ServiceDesk and OnBase.
- SME for all applications they manage. Ensures integrity of their applications and provides the knowledge and expertise to staff or management related to the applications.
- Keeps IT Operations Managers up to date on all projects, processes, deadlines, or issues.
- Work with BI as needed on any additional reporting needs. Work with BI to customize as needed to meeting reporting needs.
Technology Planning/Senior Employee
- Assist in developing, achieving, and maintaining technology plans and goals consistent with the credit union mission values and initiatives.
- Provide IT Operations leadership, direction, and support for all operations related to implementations, development, and automation of managed applications.
- Assist in development of annual budget involving entire IT Operations to meet credit union goals and objectives
- Active engagement in credit union related technology audits to ensure compliance and resolution with notated issues.
- Assist in development and implementation of security policies related to IT Operations.
- Responsible for upgrades, coordination, processing the upgrade and testing needed for each upgrade.
- Provide managers documentation related to upgrades to keep them informed.
- Maintain related system hardware and upgrades as needed.
- Manage testing process for each upgrade. Work with staff on testing plans and making sure plans are completed in a timely manner. Report issues to 3rd party vendors during testing of upgrades.
- Provide recommendations to IT Operations Managers on tools, security changes, tool upgrades, etc.
- Complete hardware/software upgrades for IT Operations as needed.
- Assist with disaster recovery planning and testing with IT Operations Managers.
- Assist in direction and development of future DR considerations and as per credit union goals.
- Provides help desk support for operational calls/tickets when needed.
- Perform system administration and maintenance.
- Performs relief coverage for vacations and absences as necessary.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Works with Operations and Accounting to complete all year end processes in a timely manner.
- On-call technical support. Responsible for or assists with after-hours system failures and emergencies.
- Work with others tactfully and professionally; and use of tact and diplomacy when working with confidential information.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft operating system and software.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently schedule and meet deadline commitments.
- Comprehension of system concepts, programming scripts and the ability to recommend or create integrated system solutions to problems.
- Strong desire and ability to maintain ongoing education and knowledge to meet ever-changing job duties.
- High degree of organization in personal workload and the ability to work unsupervised in the accomplishment of routine tasks and project deadlines.
- Proficient verbal and written communication abilities, including ability to teach and explain ideas and concepts to co-workers, clients with varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and set priorities with changing business needs.
- High degree of accuracy
- Willing to work irregular hours including weekends and nights.
- Must be bondable.
- BS/BA in Computer Science; or demonstrated comparable professional experience, required.
- Financial Services Experience – Five (5) year-plus credit union core processing experience; other equivalent banking/core experience may be considered.
- Project Management/Project Team Experience/Business Analyst – Three (3) year-plus project experience with a Credit Union/banking environment; other experience may be considered.
- Application Administration Experience required – At least (5) years-plus. Other experience may be considered.
- Automation/Development Experience – At least five (5) year-plus professional experience in automation, workflow, scripting, or development.
- OpCon Certified Professional Certification required. Other automation training or experience may be considered.
- Experience with JH Symitar core administration required. Other experience may be considered.
- Experience with other JH products such as Xperience, EWF, ARCU/EDS, ProfitStar, Wycom, SymFormPDF, PowerFrame suite desired.
- Experience with digital banking vendors and administration desired.
- Experience with MeridianLink administration desired.
- Experience with Encompass administration desired.
- Technical Experience – At least five (5) year-plus professional experience in similar mainframe (unix) environment, PC, network or help desk technical support; other equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Ability to hear by telephone and in person
- Ability to read English by sight; and both speak and write English
ESSENTIAL MENTAL, PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- General – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Physical – Office mobility required. Approximately 20% standing, 70% sitting, 10% walking, as need demands. Possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate standard office equipment including a computer or typewriter keyboard, 10-key calculator, facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone. Other demands include talking, handling & reaching, seeing (corrected vision) and hearing in normal range. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. A telephone device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed. Occasional light lifting. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Periodic inter-branch or interdepartmental access may be required, including for distribution and access to various materials, equipment, meetings, etc. Storage and retrieval of materials, maximum reach required is 84 inches.
- Mental – Mental effort required involving considerable organization, planning and analytical efforts with superior communication. General demands include alertness, memory, observation, empathy, ingenuity, learning ability, problem solving; patience; initiative; memory; objectivity, creativity, speaking ability, reading and writing ability, judgment, persuasiveness, concentration, flexibility, precision, and auditory discrimination.
- Environmental – Minimal discomfort from heat, dust, air conditioning. The noise level is usually moderate, including external road noise. Transport within remote branch and/or main office/facility may be single or multilevel (as required) including a variety of stairways, elevators, etc. Exposure to computer and other electronic equipment. Lunch/break area exposed to microwave; and is in the basement at main office. Facility is 100% free of tobacco smoke.
- Equipment – Essential equipment used includes, but may not be limited to telephone, personal computer, other on-line computer terminal(s), calculator, office security systems. Non-essential equipment generally includes paper shredder, typewriter, photocopy machine, microfilm machine, facsimile (fax) machine, etc.