Advantis Credit Union
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Compiles reporting and analytics deliverables, including the implementation of standardized recurring reports, ad hoc queries analytics presentations, dashboards and data models.
- Applies data visualization principles and best practices to effectively tell the story behind large, complex data sets and reports.
- Analyzes relevant data from other feedback systems to identify potential service, product, process, system and training issues.
- Mines, reorganizes, consolidates and analyzes data extracts and reports from various credit union databases for use by business unit leadership.
- Utilizes databases and information systems to research and identify areas for improvement. Interprets data and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Collaborates with business unit partners and IT to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Prepares reports that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
- Develops strategic and tactical analytics that support balanced scorecards, dashboards, data summaries and key indicators.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of department function(s) and areas of workflow and system data management within the credit union’s Data Warehouse.
- Provides support to project teams with technology initiatives, including new application adoption, testing, configuration and implementation.
- Facilitates and/or lead projects to ensure useful and accurate data identification, categorization and definitions that enable metric creation.
- Minimum 3 years related business experience in applying and developing analysis methods, database management, data mining, metrics, and report writing, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Bachelors’ degree in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, business or other related field and/or extensive work experience focused in data management and analysis required.
- Experience in database management, data mining, performance metrics and reporting, vendor management, change management and report writing required.
- SQL programming experience required. E xperience or familiarity with C# or Visual Basic is a plus.
- Ability to develop database queries, scripts, tools, and methods to manage data according to management requirements. Proficient with relational database concepts and practices and able to create and maintain common database objects such as views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions. Proficient with MS Excel at an advanced level
- Demonstrated knowledge of banking products, systems, procedures, regulations, business acumen and ability to interpret data to make recommendations for improvements as necessary is preferred.
- Ability in investigating discrepancies, capturing and maintaining data in an information management system or complex databases.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to coordinate, develop and implement cross-departmental projects.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment with strong problem solving and decision-making skills. Strong attention to detail and process orientation.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.