Consumer Loan Processor
OCCU is looking for six experienced Indirect Loan Processors to join our growing and high performing team. The Indirect Loan Processor processes loan applications, reviews loan packets and funds documents within the Indirect Lending Department. They provide information and assistance to auto and RV dealerships, retail establishments, third party vendors and members as required. They act as a representative for the Credit Union with our business partners. The typical work schedule for this part time position will be Saturday – Monday between the hours of 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. This part time position will work between 19 and 23 hours per week.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Support the initiatives of the Indirect Lending Sales staff by delivering exceptional service to our dealer partners.
- Prepare, examine and fund loan documents within the Indirect Lending Department, including communicating with auto dealers, third party vendors and others to obtain the information necessary to complete and fund auto loan approvals, and other types of loans as appropriate.
- Provide the necessary information to the underwriting staff when new information is received from dealerships.
- Monitor the application queue for web messages and document uploads from dealers and respond appropriately.
- Disburse funds to the appropriate types of loans as required.
- Make and return phone calls as required.
- Answer questions, resolve disputes, coordinate loan details and assist in loan decision details.
- Follow up on unfunded loans. Contact dealer sales staff and others to resolve issues.
- Prepare Indirect loans as well as student loans.
- Reconcile GL’s daily.
- Prepare loan modification paperwork when necessary.
- Prepare and mail information packets and letters.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training. Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Demonstrate competent skill in using computer for data entry and compiling information.
- Focus on tasks in a distracting environment and de-escalate conversations over the phone.
- Organize workload and ensure that priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner. Manage time to meet daily and monthly goals.
- Communicate in a professional manner when dealing with vendors, community members and employees in both written and verbal formats.
- Maintain a production level of 12 packets reviewed per day when not on the phones, 9 per day with phones.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
Minimum of six months of similar or related experience.
High school diploma, GED or equivalent is required.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Beginning Pay Range: $19.50 – $27.46 per hour
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer