Consumer Lending Assistant Manager
Seattle Credit Union
Seattle Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants, including ethnic minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Functional Area: Lending
Department: Consumer Lending
Reports To: Consumer Lending Manager
Employee Type: Regular, FT
FLSA Status: Exempt
Role at Seattle Credit Union
Seattle Credit Union (SCU) is committed to finding expansive and innovative solutions to meet and exceed member needs. In Consumer Lending, this means identifying tailored lending solutions that inventively meet our members’ individual needs, so they can meet both their short- and long-term financial goals. To positively impact our communities, we employ technology, financial services and education in helping our members meet their goals. We’re looking for creative, detailed, outward-focused professionals.
The Assistant Manager is an integral member of the team who will supervise daily lending operations, ensure that loan decisions are made in alignment with the company mission and member service expectations and ensure that security measures, regulations, policies and procedures are observed. This person will support the Manager in all areas of leading and directing the consumer lending team.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises, directs work, and provides training and development for lending department staff.
- Dedicated to a culture of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Leads by example by demonstrating effective member experience interactions.
- Assists in developing and implementing business plans in consultation with the Consumer Lending Manager to ensure production goals are achieved.
- Serves as the first point of contact for employee and member critical issues.
- Reviews and decisions escalated loan files.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly, quarterly and annual audits are completed in a timely manner and that findings are reported to the Consumer Lending Manager.
- Provides back-up support for each position in the department when needed and acts as a back-up in the absence of the manager.
- Conducts performance reviews, corrective action plans, and coaches staff on areas for improvement.
- Responsible for adherence to internal policies and compliance with state and federal regulations as it pertains to consumer lending.
- Reviews and approves all department invoices and participates in the budgeting and financial forecasting/planning.
- Participates in handling vendor relationships, including performing risk assessments and gathering due-diligence documentation.
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work is generally performed in an office environment over the phone and on a computer, with occasional remote work available.
- May attend special off-hour meetings and seminars.
- Physical effort may be required to lift boxes up to 25 lbs.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often sitting or standing, for prolonged periods.
- High school education or equivalent required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years in a Consumer Lending environment with at least 1 year of consumer loan underwriting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of Credit Unions and community focus preferred
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of lending operation systems (LOS)
- Demonstrates the agility to balance multiple priorities and handle a large volume in a fast-paced environment.
- Software: Microsoft Windows XP and Office.
- Business English, composition, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and letter format.
- Regular and punctual attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
**This position is based in the city of Seattle in Washington State. Some work may be able to be temporarily performed remotely from home at locations inside of Washington State. This may be limited to the period in which the Headquarters office has limited in person staffing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.