Red Canoe Credit Union
Contact: Kim Divine
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 578-5394
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and maintains the Credit Union’s Compliance Management System (CMS) and ensures compliance controls are effective.
- Responsible for Compliance change management to address changing laws and regulations.
- Identifies, records, and monitors all consumer protection laws, regulations, and directives applicable to credit union activities. Disseminates information regarding such matters to appropriate departments/ individuals.
- Conducts the Compliance Risk Assessment and recommends changes to minimize loss exposure.
- Develops Credit Union Compliance Training Program.
- Develops and facilitates implementation of corrective action procedures and recommends changes as necessary to avoid future compliance problems
- Assists in the revision and or/design of forms, products, web site, programs, or promotions to ensure compliance with applicable State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Works with appropriate management to develop and implement department-level compliance controls.
- Serves as the liaison with Credit Union legal counsel regarding regulatory compliance matters.
- Serves as liaison with outside auditors, regulatory examiners, attorneys, and other resources regarding regulatory compliance matters
- Assists, as necessary, compliance examiners with their examinations, including coordinating and assuring access to the information that is necessary to complete examinations.
- Maintains RCCU’s compliance library as well as compliance and control reference materials that provide necessary resources.
- Supports Credit Union departments for compliance, and follow-up on corrective actions to avoid future compliance problems.
- Effectively promotes and supports Red Canoe Credit Union’s Mission Statement and Service Expectations.
- Certified Compliance Officer Designation such as CUCE, NCCO and/or CRCM
- Minimum five (5) years experience in regulatory compliance for a financial institution or related industry
- Bachelor’s degree is desirable
- Must demonstrate proficient use of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel spreadsheets and other business skills appropriate to the position requirements.
- Solid analytical problem solving skills.
- Well-developed verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong follow through skills and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal rules/regulations and credit union policies effecting regulatory compliance.
- Strong human relations skills to effectively deal with compliance related matters.
- Skilled to organize, handle detail, logically analyze complex situations, make decisions, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate ability to work under pressure while consistently producing accurate work.
- Must be able to remain flexible and to establish positive relations
- Must be bondable.
- Ability to understand comprehensive and detailed organizational policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop appropriate standard operating procedures and staff training programs.
- Ability to work with staff professionally and tactfully.
- Meets physical requirements of the job as described.
- Competency in exercising good judgment and decision-making.
- Must possess and/or be capable of developing a working knowledge of credit union law and regulations as well as Credit Union policy and department procedures appropriate to the position.