Advantis Credit Union
Region: Clackamas, OR
As the BSA Specialist you are responsible for assisting the Compliance Manager and BSA Compliance Officer with maintaining the credit union’s Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering / Office of Foreign Assets Control programs (BSA/AML/OFAC) program. This position is also responsible for various quality control review functions related to consumer and real estate loans and beneficial ownership compliance.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Review BSA/AML/OFAC automated system alerts and reports, investigating and researching activity to determine whether identified transactions are suspicious and creating and submitting SARs to FinCEN; document case analysis and route, if necessary, to BSA Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager.
- Review BSA/AML software and system reports to identify and submit accurate and timely CTRs on behalf of the credit union.
- Act as primary contact for BSA/AML software vendor, stay current on software enhancements and recommend implementation of changes to Compliance Manager and BSA/AML/OFAC Compliance Officer that will improve monitoring and reporting.
- Work with Fraud Investigator to prepare BSA/AML reports.
- Analyze risks presented by the activity and conduct investigations by applying the appropriate investigative techniques and utilizing internal/external technology sources to gather comprehensive evidentiary materials and effectively communicate research findings and analysis through well-written summary reports.
- Assist the BSA Compliance Officer with the update to the annual BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment.
- Assist the Compliance Manager and BSA Compliance Officer with BSA/AML/OFAC program updates. Help maintain BSA/OFAC procedures as needed to adjust for updated processes or regulatory changes. Update and present annual BSA training to assigned departments.
- Perform quality control reviews on Customer Due Diligence/Beneficial Ownership documentation to ensure compliance with FinCEN regulations.
- Perform quality control reviews of consumer and real estate loan documentation to ensure documents are timely, accurately and properly drawn, and that data entry is accurate and complete. Work with Compliance Manager to update quality control programs as needed.
- Maintain current and accurate written procedures for all job functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or other related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education/relevant experience.
- Minimum 1 year BSA/AML/OFAC experience preferred.
- 1 year consumer and/or real estate loan experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of BSA and OFAC compliance requirements.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of consumer and real estate loan processing, documentation and compliance requirements.
- Completion of CUNA’s Bank Secrecy Act certification program or another similar program within 2 years of hire.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, particularly word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to quickly learn new computer applications/systems and work with multiple data systems simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with members, staff and vendors.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland area for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.