AVP OF LENDING
Providence Federal Credit Union
Contact: Shirley Cate
Phone: (503) 215-6090
• Supervise the Lending employees by overseeing the hiring, terminations, evaluations, daily operations and development of the team.
• Cross-train team to ensure proper departmental coverage and knowledge.
• Communicate Credit Union objectives, strategic plan and mission statement to team.
• Develop and implement a staffing plan.
• Review job functions to ensure maximum efficiency and recommend staffing changes as necessary.
• Ensure staff remains current and knowledgeable on regulations and compliance.
• Underwrite consumer loan requests that are outside of normal policy.
• Establish and monitor monthly/quarterly/annual performance reports.
• Establish, implement and maintain the organization’s consumer underwriting policies and procedures.
• Update forms to assure compliance with applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
• Develop and implement an annual departmental budget assuring that the budget meets organizational goals, identifying and recommending capital expenditures, maintaining budget constraints, and identifying and recommending staffing expenditures.
• Monitor the relationship with all indirect and recapture vendors and ensure arm’s length involvement between loan officers and vendors/dealers.
• Monitor the performance of all loan officers and the effectiveness of all programs to meet original purpose and goals.
• Assist processing staff with funding issues.
• Assist with problem accounts, liquidation and issues as needed.
• Assist in the planning and directing of the consumer loan portfolio ensuring well-designed and profitable products and services.
• Develop, implement, and monitor department goals, objectives and strategies through a logical course of establishing, reviewing and budgeting resources to meet the Credit Union’s needs.
• Participate on the management team by contributing ideas and concerns.
• Analyze, justify, and recommend changes in operations to enhance productivity.
• Assist by participating in the strategic vision of the department and credit union.