Assistant VP of Mortgage Operations
Rogue Credit Union
Assistant VP of Mortgage Operations
Please apply through the D. Hilton website – https://www.dhilton.com/apply/?position=Assistant+Vice+President+of+Mortgage+Operations+&company-name=Rogue+Credit+Union+&jobID=5986
Department: Mortgage Services
Reports To: Vice President of Mortgage Services
Grade: L10 Classification: Exempt
Supervises Direct: 4 Supervises Indirect: 23
Directs and manages the daily activities of the First Mortgage Support Team which includes processing underwriting, closing functions, and secondary market functions. Works closely with the Mortgage Delivery Team to ensure delivery of an exceptional mortgage experience to every mortgage member. Works closely with the Vice President (VP) of Mortgage Services in strategic mortgage planning and process improvement.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
50% Oversees the daily operations of the Mortgage Origination Support Team which includes First Mortgage processing and closing, and underwriting activities for both First and Second Mortgages. Empowers Team leads to run the day to functions of their respective units. Works in coordination with the Mortgage Delivery team to ensure exceptional member experiences. Resolves escalated issues by delivering member focused solutions.
20% Recruits, hires, trains, coaches and manages qualified staff sufficient to meet the needs of the areas assigned. Establishes and maintains objective accountability measurements and evaluates performance on all direct reports. Creates and maintains a coaching culture to consistently strive toward the highest level of achievement and performance for every employee.
10% Monitors the productivity and accuracy of the First Mortgage Support Team and ensures an efficient delivery of products and services to members. Establishes and adjusts workflow to ensure process optimization is implemented on a consistent basis. Works closely with the Mortgage Support Administrator ensuring productive action plans as a response Quality Control (QC) findings.
5% Prepares or oversees the preparation of all dashboard reporting for financial, statistical, management and accounting needs to proactively manage activities, direction, and growth. Reports analytics to senior management.
5% Maintains relationships with key vendors and the Delivery Team.
5% Assists in the formulation and execution of credit union policies, objectives and programs. Manages products and product enhancements. Recommends and implements changes to the mortgage program that enhances member and employee loyalty, mortgage volume and closing speed, program profitability, and operational efficiency. Works with auditors and examiners on year-end and comprehensive audits.
5% Proactively performs other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner.
2. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, displaying effective emotional intelligence.
3. Provides an informed, professional, courteous atmosphere and ensures efficient and accurate service with support offered to all staff and vendors. Creates promoters through exceptional service.
4. Maintains a good working knowledge of the credit union, the secondary mortgage market and government standards through continued research and education. Ensures that credit union, the secondary mortgage market, and government standards are met at all times. Demonstrates results indicating accuracy on all documents.
5. Communicates effectively and timely. Maintains effective communication with loan production staff on all underwriting issues affecting loan files or member service. Keeps the VP of Mortgage Services and/or the Real Estate Loan Committee informed on loan exceptions and any applicable trends in the field. Recommends changes as applicable. Has effectively built rapport and relationships with vendors.
6. Demonstrates excellent knowledge, judgment and time management in producing underwriting decisions with clear conditions acceptable to the credit union.
7. Demonstrates excellent management skills. Accurately prepares dashboard reports and proactively manages job duties and staff. Ensures that all activities within the department are carried out within the expected time frames and completed accurately. Creates a coaching culture in the department, in which employees are mentored and given opportunities for training and development.
8. Meets or exceeds established departmental and individual goals in order to assist in meeting the credit union’s goals and scorecard metrics.
9. Maintains registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) to meet the requirements of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE Act).
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: A minimum of ten years of mortgage team management. Extensive knowledge/ experience with secondary market loan requirements and in using the applicable tools. Previous mortgage processing, closing, and underwriting experience. Education Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Advanced level courses in Real Estate related curriculum preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
Other Skills: Key interpersonal skills required to be successful include loyalty, trustworthiness and the ability to instill confidence in people. Detail oriented. Functional skills with mortgage software, spreadsheets, and word processing software. General operational and leadership abilities. Industry and effective underwriting skills. Excellent communication skills using active listening, verbal and written communications; proficient in Microsoft Office applications; possesses marketing skills with the ability to build rapport quickly within the community.
Physical Requirements: Some adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers while using computer. Communicating with others to exchange information. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discernments in sound. Close and continuous visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, and extensive reading.
Work Environment: This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of adjusting to unpredictable schedules proactively. As a direct representative of the credit union, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally. Exposed to potentially hazardous condition, i.e., robbery. Travel to all credit union regions may be required. A current driver’s license is required.
Job descriptions are not intended, and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Note: Rogue Credit Union is a drug free workplace and requires a drug screening test within 48 hours of employment offer.
Rogue Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method, please call (541) 622-7577 or email email@example.com.
This Job Description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising the position.