Assistant Manager, Call Center
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. The Call Center Assistant Manager provides a full range of daily operations and leadership support that includes direction, guidance, training, and coaching to Call Center staff to ensure they meet and exceed the Credit Union’s sales and service standards – providing the kind of unparalleled service creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Uses effective leadership skills to assist in hiring, coaching, and developing Call Center staff to ensure each member and employee is successful.
- Observes and analyzes department and individual performance, provides feedback and assistance to staff, and creates and implements action plans to address areas identified for correction, ensuring a high level of service delivery.
- Models and utilizes effective phone consultation and problem resolution/listening skills and behaviors when working with internal and external members, while also employing time management practices consistently and demonstrating follow through to resolve routine and complex member requests and challenges.
- Acts as resource for others by assisting with complex member situations utilizing good judgement within approved authority levels.
- Maintains current knowledge of all procedures, products and services, and processes offered by the Credit Union to ensure accurate and reliable service to members, including referrals and/or sales to meet the financial needs of our members.
- Collaborates with call center managers to identify staff training needs and conduct regular staff briefings for operational and financial services educational topics to support the department in meeting credit union goals and standards.
- Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive accuracy and efficiency by analyzing and executing process enhancements, appropriately scheduling call center staff, and forecasting to meet member demands.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- A minimum of two years in the financial services industry with experience in a team lead or supervisory role
- At least two years managing a wide range of productivity statistics, service levels, and the systems to manage these.
- Requires experience in guiding others in resolution of technical procedures and/or policies, problem resolution, and other basic skills needed to lead others effectively in oral or written fashion.
- Call center experience preferred.
- Spanish-speaking skills are helpful.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.