Advantis Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
Contact: Laurie Schiele
Phone: (503) 785-2567
We have an excellent opportunity for an Administrative Assistant.
We’re Passionate Advocates. We love what we do.
At Advantis, we’re passionate advocates for our members’ financial success. Our tagline “With us you can!” reflects our passion for helping our members succeed – and we are just as committed to helping our employees succeed. You’ll find opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments. We work with passion and purpose, and empower our employees to do the right thing.
If you want to work for a values-driven organization that believes that a great member experience starts with a great employee experience, you’ll love working at Advantis.
Our vision – to be the best financial institution our members can chose and the best place our employees have ever worked. That means you get a different kind of career experience. The Advantis experience includes opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks supporting the Credit Union’s Executive Administrator and the Training Department. Responsibilities include administering employee events and programs, arranging Board, Committee and employee meetings, assisting with events and travel planning, preparing and assembling training materials, tracking employee training activities, and general reception duties and administrative support for the location. Additional responsibilities include working in conjunction with the Executive Administrator on special projects and tasks and helping to organize various workshops for members.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manages front Reception desk; greets and registers visitors; ensures access badges are logged.
- Receives deliveries; sorts and distributes mail, and assists with various administrative tasks to include filing, scanning, printing, scheduling, ordering supplies.
- Assists with meeting arrangements to include scheduling, catering, facility setup/tear down, supplies, and attendance confirmation.
- Prepares materials for Board and Committee meetings, Strategic Planning sessions, Annual Meeting, and other meetings as assigned.
- Assists in managing employee programs and social events.
- Assists in developing annual Education Calendar and event descriptions for Board Officials.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares expense reports/reimbursement requests and tracks educational spending.
- Assists in preparing and updating employee training materials; orders training supplies; set up and break down of training rooms.
- Maintains Sunnybrook location conference rooms and employee breakroom.
- Minimum 1 year related administrative experience required; experience in a financial institution a plus.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates degree preferred.
- Must project a professional and business-like image/appearance at all times when representing the credit union.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to communicate ideas effectively at all organizational levels.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, particularly word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to quickly learn new computer applications/systems and work with multiple data systems simultaneously. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to interpret Advantis policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent service and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain high quality standards, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in dealing with members, staff, credit union officials and vendors.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity.
We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
To learn more about Advantis, please click here.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
For consideration, please visit our website at www.advantiscu.org or click on the link