Community 1st Credit Union
Contact: Alison Cory
Phone: (253) 722-5212
- $33,280 – $45,760 Annually / Non-Exempt
- Ability to perform daily accounting functions to include bank account reconciliations, wire transfers, processing accounts payable, mobile deposit review, posting of general ledger entries and balancing of general ledger accounts, maintenance and balancing of daily ACH, Share Draft, ATM, Debit and Credit Card settlements.
- Participate in month end process and preparation of monthly financial statement.
- Set-up and run all prepaid and fixed asset items in the Fixed Asset Accounting function.
- Understand Asset & Liability Management and assist in providing reporting from our ALM software module.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare tax returns and personal property listing.
- Have a general knowledge of the various functions and procedures for all departments of the credit union.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly Call Report, annual statements and budgeting process.
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions and update as necessary to provide staff with instruction and guidelines for daily operations.
- Monitor and process ACH and Share Draft fraud, cardholder disputes and research fraud claims.
- Perform special projects, as needed.
- Additional duties as may be assigned.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgement.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, members and outside vendors.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed two years of accounting courses, or
- Performed successfully in an accounting department position for a minimum of one year.