Micro-Communities in Action Awards
2018 Nominations Are In
The deadline to submit nominations is now closed. Please join us at the Awards Dinner & Gala on the final evening of MAXX as we recognize those that have made outstanding contributions to the development and growth of the Credit Union Movement.
LEAP in Action
Recognizes one micro-community demonstrating excellence and achievement in all four pillar categories below. In addition, specific micro-communities with particularly noteworthy achievements may be recognized through an honorable mention. Just a few examples of micro-communities are: credit union chapters, young professional networking groups, Credit Union Development Educators (CUDEs), and sister societies of the Northwest Chapter of the Global Women’s Leadership Network. Self-nomination is accepted for this award.
- Leadership: Recognizes programs aimed at cultivating future credit union leaders and/or the development of necessary leadership skills for all levels of credit union staff.
- Education: Recognizes either meetings or gatherings with an educational content, efforts to increase attendance at Association events, and events designed to meet the training and development needs of credit union staff.
- Advocacy: Recognizes programs that involve PAC fundraising and/or credit union advocacy—promoting credit unions to the greater good, legislator nights, and grassroots efforts.
- Philosophy in Action: Recognizes promotion of the history of credit unions, fundraising for local charities and/or Credit Unions for Kids, promotions of financial education, and the advancement of public awareness by generating press releases in the media and in NWCUA’s Anthem publication.
Cooperation in Action
Recognizes two or more credit unions, or CU professionals from separate credit unions, working together in the spirit of cooperation and the impressive results that arise when collaboration occurs across any business or social border. Self-nomination is accepted for this award. The credit unions or micro-community should meet the following qualifications:
- The accomplishments must have occurred during the past 12 months from the date of entry.
- Be a currently affiliated credit union of the Northwest Credit Union Association.
- Demonstrate dedication to one or more of the seven cooperative principles.
- Demonstrate how the collaboration resulted in a greater impact for all parties involved.
If you have any questions about the Micro-Communities in Action Awards, please contact Christine Ruzzi, NWCUA Director of Member Resources, at 800.995.9064 x206 or email@example.com.