The Media Center is a resource for journalists covering both consumer-facing stories and financial services industry news. Access is available here to information on how cooperative credit unions benefit consumers, NWCUA news releases, recent news coverage of Association initiatives, and access to the Association’s Anthem newsletter.
What is a Credit Union?
The structure, value, and impact of credit unions sets them apart from other financial services providers.
A credit union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution focused solely on its members. Credit unions provide the same services as most banks—checking accounts, ATMs, mobile banking, lending and savings accounts. Banks are profit-driven, however, and all profits are paid out to shareholders. Credit unions are member-driven, and earnings are passed onto members. This means lower fees and better loan rates for credit union members.
Anthem Newsletter & Blog
Anthem is the Northwest Credit Union Association’s newsletter. We keep up with advocacy, compliance issues, regulation, and other industry news that is important to busy credit union staff.
The latest news releases from the Association, available for download.
- Northwest Credit Unions’ Advocacy Army Help S. 2155 Cross the Finish Line (5/22/2018)
- Northwest Credit Union Movement Takes it to the MAXX (5/8/2018)
- Northwest Credit Unions See Advocacy Wins During 2018 State Legislatures (3/28/2018)
- Give Your Wallet Some Love This Valentine’s Day (2/13/2018)
- Idaho’s Credit Unions Deliver $638 Million Boost to State’s Economy (1/9/2018)
NWCUA in the News
The Association is a go-to source for news outlets covering credit union growth, the economy, and personal finance.
- Spokane Credit Unions Experiencing Rapid Growth (6/2/2018)
- Why Lending Money Just Got Easier for Credit Unions (5/31/2018)
- Critical Regulatory Relief Legislation Passes (5/23/2018)
- Credit Union Growth Trends in the Northwest (4/25/2018)
- Advocacy Wins Across the Northwest (4/1/2018)