The Media Center is a resource for journalists covering both consumer-facing stories and financial services industry news. Access is available here to information on how cooperative credit unions benefit consumers, NWCUA news releases, recent news coverage of Association initiatives, and access to the Association’s Anthem newsletter.
What is a Credit Union?
The structure, value, and impact of credit unions sets them apart from other financial services providers.
A credit union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution focused solely on its members. Credit unions provide the same services as most banks—checking accounts, ATMs, mobile banking, lending and savings accounts. Banks are profit-driven, however, and all profits are paid out to shareholders. Credit unions are member-driven, and earnings are passed onto members. This means lower fees and better loan rates for credit union members.
Anthem Newsletter & Blog
Anthem is the Northwest Credit Union Association’s newsletter. We keep up with advocacy, compliance issues, regulation, and other industry news that is important to busy credit union staff.
The latest news releases from the Association, available for download.
- Northwest Credit Unions See Advocacy Wins During 2018 State Legislatures (3/28/2018)
- Give Your Wallet Some Love This Valentine’s Day (2/13/2018)
- Idaho’s Credit Unions Deliver $638 Million Boost to State’s Economy (1/9/2018)
- Make 2018 the Year You Take Control of Your Money! (1/2/2018)
- Northwest Credit Unions Contribute $320K to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals (5/17/2017)
NWCUA in the News
The Association is a go-to source for news outlets covering credit union growth, the economy, and personal finance.
- 2017 MAXX Media Coverage (11/8/2017)
- Seattle Times Reports on Credit Unions’ Growth and Contemporary Services (9/27/2017)
- NWCUA Launches Northwest Young Professionals Network (9/27/2017)
- 2016 Northwest Credit Unions’ Economic Impact Coverage (2/15/2017)
- Credit Unions Offer Educators Ways to Teach Financial Literacy to Students (6/1/2016)