The Media Center is a resource for journalists covering both consumer-facing stories and financial services industry news. Access is available here to information on how cooperative credit unions benefit consumers, NWCUA news releases, recent news coverage of Association initiatives, and access to the Association’s Anthem newsletter.
What is a Credit Union?
The structure, value, and impact of credit unions sets them apart from other financial services providers.
A credit union is a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution focused solely on its members. Credit unions provide the same services as most banks—checking accounts, ATMs, mobile banking, lending and savings accounts. Banks are profit-driven, however, and all profits are paid out to shareholders. Credit unions are member-driven, and earnings are passed onto members. This means lower fees and better loan rates for credit union members.
Anthem Newsletter & Blog
Anthem is the Northwest Credit Union Association’s newsletter. We keep up with advocacy, compliance issues, regulation, and other industry news that is important to busy credit union staff.
The latest news releases from the Association, available for download.
- It’s Time to Open Everyone’s Eyes to Credit Unions (1/24/2020)
- Get Financially Fit in 2020 (1/3/2020)
- NWCUA Honors the Northwest Credit Union Movement’s Greatest Credit Unions and Leaders (10/18/2019)
- NWCUA’s Masquerade Auction Raises Nearly $872.000 for Credit Unions for Kids (10/17/2019)
- Northwest Credit Unions Educate 3,500 Students Through Financial Reality Fairs (6/13/2019)
- Affordable Housing Week: Credit Unions Throughout the Northwest are Making Impacts (6/13/2019)
- Federal Workers Impacted by Shutdown may Find Financial Assistance Through Their Credit Unions (1/17/2019)
- Economic Analysis: Northwest Credit Unions Drive $7.8 Billion Economic Impact (1/17/2019)
NWCUA in the News
The Association is a go-to source for news outlets covering credit union growth, the economy, and personal finance.
- How NWCUA and Consolidated Community CU Work Together for Workforce Housing Solutions (7/11/2019)
- Radio Interview: As Shutdown Continues, Credit Unions Assist Federal Workers (1/17/2019)
- Northwest Credit Union Foundation Takes Steps to Drive Greater Community Impact (10/25/2018)
- NWCUF Announces Creation Of ‘Mission-Focused Commissions’ (10/25/2018)
- MAXX Conference Auction/Gala Raises $628k for CU4Kids! (10/22/2018)