Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time salaried VP of Operations/Payments to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. This position is responsible for providing leadership and expertise to strategic initiatives relating to enhancing operations and payment services. Develops and executes an operating plan in support of the strategic goals of the Credit Union including optimization of people, process, and technology in back-office operations and financial payment channels. This includes but is not limited to interchange revenue, while being responsible for the performance of the organization’s payment and account support functions/supporting systems.
Compensation:133,900.00to194,250.00 a year depending on experience
Working hours: Full-time, exempt, Hybrid
Seniority level: Leadership
Reports to: SVP, Chief Operations Officer
Job Functions: Operations, Leadership, Optimization, Strategic Planning
Typical Job Duties
- Creates a culture of understanding around leveraging of back-office automation and the need to upskill talent to generate higher levels of efficiency and improved employee/member experiences.
- Develops business cases, participates in vendor selection, and implementation/execution of vendor changes to meet evolving best practices and business needs.
- Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify opportunities within our operations or payment solutions offerings in support of established strategic priorities. Establishes roadmaps and/or project requests for prioritization based on strategic goals.
- Monitors trends and provides ongoing insight to assist in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives with regard to a payment philosophy that meets member needs across all channels of business.
- Prepares monthly narratives for COO, sharing accomplishments and key performance indicators (KPIs) that convey performance levels of whole department (all areas).
- Forecasts, budgets, and manages staffing levels.
This role may be right for you if you enjoy being innovative and staying up to date on and implementing new and emerging technologies to accelerate organizational change. You pride yourself on your proven track record to drive key performance indicators (KPIs). Your previous employers are impressed by how you leverage your budgeting and operational expertise, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to elicit feedback for continuous improvement and make impactful efficiencies. Your friends consider you a great coach and leader, and your family is proud of your ability to see the big picture impact on small changes to influence decision-making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years of experience with managing the back-office operations of banking products/services within a financial institution. Retail/Business mix preferred.
- Knowledge of financial industry rules and regulations including payments
- Knowledge of workflow redesign and process improvement relating to one or more of the following payments: Wires, ACH, Mastercard/Visa card processing, ATM fleet management.
Who We Are
The Pacific Northwest is a great place to call home. That’s how we at Kitsap Credit Union have felt ever since we opened our doors in 1934 within the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Starting off as Navy Yard Metal Trades Credit Union, we’ve undergone a few name changes and our commitment to serving the community has never changed.
What We Offer
Not only are we one of the largest credit unions in Washington State, and growing, we are also a company that cares about its employees. We back that up for our employees by offering competitive pay and a benefits package that helps support you and your family’s lifestyle. We value our employees, and we strive to keep our benefits comprehensive and affordable. Some of our benefits include:
- Free onsite parking
- Annual time off and sick time accrued
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 Personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Choose from a PPO medical plan or a High Deductible with a Health Savings Account
- 3% KCU funded Safe Harbor Contribution to your 401K
- KCU will match up to 2% of your 401K contributions
- All 401K contributions are 100% vested
- Potential annual incentive in all roles within Kitsap Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Discounts on KCU’s products and services
- Paid Care.com membership including back up childcare reimbursement
- Paid RethinkCare subscription, a personal wellness and professional resilience program
We believe in the power of belonging – it’s in our DNA as a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative. Our un-bank-like structure ensures that we remain all about people: our members, our employees, and the people in the communities where we live and work. We work hard to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment where you can grow and excel in your career.
We are dedicated to serving our members by providing personalized experiences, convenient access, and highly competitive products and services. But it goes much deeper than that. For more than 86 years, we have been relentless about making a positive difference in our communities. We understand that when our members and communities succeed, we all succeed, and that success can’t happen without great employees. If this is the kind of organization, you’re looking for.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******