Members 1st Credit Union
Contact: Shawna Bell
Phone: (530) 722-4313
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, financially savvy and have a strong ability to think strategically and analytically about lending opportunities. The successful candidate will also have the vision to lead our financial institution by having leadership characteristics necessary to achieve Member 1st Credit Unions’ strategic goals, maintain proper lending and recovery controls and effectively partner with all credit union stakeholders. Lending knowledge in all direct and indirect lending is a MUST, including mortgage and commercial lending.
* Oversee all lending and recovery operations of the credit union.
* Actively contribute to quality member service, growth and profitability.
* Provide analysis on trends in lending and industry lending opportunities to guide strategic planning.
* Identify and maintain high standards of lending and recovery reporting, record-keeping, and complex regulatory
* Manage and oversee the direct and indirect loan portfolio to ensure strong organizational financial health.
* Regularly provide reports to CEO, senior management team and credit union board of directors on the
progress of strategic goals and objectives.
* Lead and direct the staff and operations of the lending and recovery departments.
Thorough knowledge of direct and indirect lending, marketing, collections practices, and financial products relative to credit unions as would normally be obtained with 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a related managerial position within a financial institution. Knowledge of credit union products and services, consumer loans, credit granting criteria, collection techniques, and applicable federal and state regulations. Organizational, analytical, public relations and project management skills; ability to coordinate a variety of projects. With an ability to develop an effective marketing campaign for loans and loan products.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in Business or Finance and/or an equivalent level of knowledge such as would be gained with five to ten years of experience in a credit union or similar financial institution is preferred.
Must qualify to be a registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). Registration set forth by National Mortgage Loan Systems (NMLS).
Salary Range: $78,930 to $125,740 – DOE – Health, Dental, Vision, Gap & Life/AD &D benefits available, plus other perks!