VP Director of Business Banking
Salal Credit Union
Do you have a background in commercial banking in a financial institution as well as experience leading a sales team? Would you like to work for an established and innovative credit union that cares about its employees and the communities it serves? If so, read on!
Salal Credit Union of Seattle, WA is looking to hire a Vice President, Director of Business Banking to lead our Business Banking sales and operations teams. Reporting directly to our Chief Lending Officer, this position will be an integral leader, curating high-level relationships in the community that support the Credit Union’s growth. This position is a part of our Business Strategy Committee, a team of leadership that develops and implements company-wide strategic initiatives and drives the future direction of the Credit Union.
The Director of Business Banking will lead the managers and specialists of the Business Banking team in balancing three major functions of the Business Services department: sales, operations, cash management, and compliance. To support these functions, this role is responsible for providing leadership, planning, project coordination, budgeting, and management for the organization and department.
The Director of Business Banking earns a competitive base wage of $155,000- 185,000 annually, depending on experience. We also offer great benefits and perks, including bonus opportunities, healthcare options, a health savings account (HSA), paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, a 401(k) plan with company match, a charitable contribution match, on the job training, and transportation benefits. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
The Director of Business Banking is considered a hybrid position with flexibility in work locations available. The selected candidate will have the option to work primarily remote or primarily in office depending on their preference. While the schedule does not require full-time in-office availability, a candidate that is local to the Seattle area is preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE
- 6 years of commercial lending and/or credit experience.
- 5 years of management experience, preferably in a commercial lending sales or credit officer capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience working in a financial institution environment required, preferably in a credit union or community bank.
- Demonstrated experience building out new lending markets and long lasting commercial banking relationships.
- Strong collaboration skills with experience working in a not fully defined and matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated credit training or equivalent experience that allows for sound understanding of small to mid-sized business market, and the lending and credit approval process
- Strong credit, planning, negotiations, communications, sales, analytical and organizational skills.
- Translate strategic and tactical business initiatives into the department’s strategic and operational plans and successfully implement initiatives. Develop and maintain a business line strategic plan that is supported by the corresponding budget.
- Actively participate in community events to identify potential business services members.
- Effectively manage department employees to deliver quality service to members and employees.
- Develop and provide initial analysis of financial background and operating risks for new or renewed loans, and recommend appropriate credit structures within established lending limits. Monitor activity on credit facilities to ensure usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions. Ensure propriety of advances and repayments.
- Work effectively with a diverse team. Lead by example to create an inclusive and professional environment where all team members are respected, and diversity is valued.