VP of Risk Management
Harborstone Credit Union
Region: Tacoma, Washington
Contact: Bryan Gribble
Phone: (253) 365-6515
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field, required. MBA or CPA preferred. Accredited technical institution with supporting credentials may supplement traditional education pathway. Ten years of experience in a management capacity with a credit union and/or other financial institution, preferred. CU-ERME Certification or other industry recognized credential required.
- Position requires:
- Financial institution accounting and financial operations, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and control complex risk management systems.
- Plan for intermediate and long-range goals and direct their implementation.
- Administer programs and supervise personnel.
- Use of Financial and Risk Modeling analytical techniques.
- Personal computer spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Physically perform the essential job functions.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Risk Management Department
- Internal Audit Department – Functionally
- Compliance Officer
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. Works with executive management and department heads to complete Smarter Charts to identify changing risk patterns, including the development and monitoring of key risk indicators. Conducts periodic ERM meetings with the ERM committee, and reports periodically to the Board of Directors.
- Supervises the Internal Audit & Compliance departments and its employees. Will assist in preparing an annual internal audit and compliance plan in conjunction with the credit union’s Supervisory Committee. Will act as the management liaison to the Supervisory Committee, and will attend their meetings.
- Supervises the Risk Management department and its employees. Establishes priorities for BSA/AML programs, and initiatives to improve fraud management. Provides input for the structure of the credit unions physical security program.
- Contributes to the risk management culture by providing reasonable assurance of risk through secondary monitoring and reviews of Asset & Liability Management, Interest Rate Risk, Credit Risk Management, Allowance for Loan & Lease Losses, Vendor & Project Management programs.
- Maintain and enhance bank policies, procedures, and practices to ensure regulatory compliance in support of line of business partners.
- Chairs the Enterprise Risk Management Committee focused on managing risk and reporting to management participants.
- Serves on the Asset Liability Committee, Credit Risk Management and Pricing Committee in a non-voting capacity. May participate on other committees as needed.
- Serves as the primary contact for regulatory examinations and fiduciary audits.
- Assures a staff capable of meeting the goals of the credit union by providing managerial leadership, mentoring, and direction. Supports the organization’s sales and service culture by coaching and modeling the attributes of a successful sales and service environment. Plans, organizes, and directs the work of subordinates. Selects staff, provides training and development, and appraises performance.
- Assures sound credit union financial performance in conjunction with the senior management team by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and delivery systems to meet strategic long range objectives and annual goals while remaining responsive to a competitive and changing financial environment.
- Provides for the credit union’s continuing ability to meet members’ financial needs by participating with members of senior management in strategic organizational planning and the development of the strategic business plan.
- Consults with executive and senior management to facilitate the oversight of special projects, including reviews of prospective merger candidates, strengthening the strategic foundation and performance of the credit union.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws and policies by remaining abreast of regulations and participating in the development and modification of procedures and policies. Recommends policy changes relating to these activities and responsibilities.
- Assures the credit union’s on-going ability to be our members’ preferred source for personal financial products by participating in the development of new and responsive products and services.
- Conducts educational training sessions for Board members, Supervisory Committee members, management, and staff on various topics as required.
Contributes to efficient credit union operations by performing other related duties as assigned