Vice President of Operations
Northwest Christian Credit Union
Here’s what you’ll be doing when you work with us:
- Report directly to the President/CEO.
- Direct and plan all credit union operations, which includes monitoring member activity, transaction volume, loan volume, personnel productivity, and new accounts. This includes planning, recommending, and implementing programs and policies, and providing general administrative
- Responsible for all member service department personnel. Assist in hiring, mentoring, performance evaluations, scheduling, and training of these employees.
- Help analyze various statistics and the use of technology in all areas of operation and make recommendations for the efficient operation and growth of the credit
- Work with the President in identifying trends in the industry, instituting new programs or products, and evaluating products and services.
- Serve as the credit union’s Compliance Officer to review laws and regulations that impact the credit union’s compliance requirements, including but not limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Red Flag and Safe Act.
- Create, or assist in the creation of, policies and procedures for operational and member service functions and other areas of compliance oversight. Ensure that policies and procedures reflect external rules and regulations and are communicated to, and implemented by, all staff.
- Respond to operational questions or problems from credit union staff, complex or problematic member questions, and make appropriate referrals, recommendations, suggestions, etc.
- Hold periodic staff meetings. Identify areas for improvement, changes in procedures, new developments, or changes in regulations, services or products. Keep staff up to date on security issues, operations, regulations, and compliance training.
- Assess risk potential of current procedures and institute new procedures that minimize loss exposure. Jointly with Vice-President of Finance, prepare risk assessments for board of directors.
- Assist in the revision and/or design of forms, products, and web site, programs, or promotions to ensure compliance with all State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Assist compliance examiners with their examinations, making available the information that is necessary to complete their examinations.
- Consistently maintain and improve skills and knowledge for efficient service delivery.
- Present regular reports to the Board of Directors and Leadership Team.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
We are open to various levels of experience, but our ideal candidate’s previous experience would include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Progressively responsible experience in a financial institution environment.
- Knowledge in financial institution operations, EFT, ACH, and compliance.
- Leadership qualities including the ability to recruit, work with, mentor and develop a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups, both verbally and in writing.
- Effective presentation skills with a persuasive style in large groups, small groups and one-on-one.
Northwest Christian Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity employer. As an association of Christians, Northwest Christian Credit Union is permitted, and reserves the right, to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702(a), 703(e)(2), United States Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended).
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact:
Brad Swartzentruber, President/CEO – (208) 466-0916 x2115, or
Paul Bowman, VP- Finance – (208) 466-0916 x2119
Resumes with cover letter should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org