Vice President of Finance
Heritage Grove Federal Credit Union
Region: Salem, Oregon
Contact: Jim Mau
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 588-0211
Job Objectives: The Vice President of Finance manages the credit union accounting and finance functions and is a member of the credit union Senior Management Team.
- Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of credit union financial reports, call reports, and other reports required by policy, rule, or regulation.
- Manage the credit union liquidity, investment portfolio, and credit instruments.
- Develop the credit union budget.
- Serve on the credit union Asset-Liability Committee (ALCO).
- Provide analysis, reports, and recommendations to ALCO, Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- Serve on the credit union’s Allowance for Loan Loss Committee.
- Responsible for posting of charge-offs.
- Responsible for the administration of payroll and benefits programs.
- Hire, supervise, train, and motivate Accounting Department employees to established standards.
- Manages the Accounting Operations team to include balancing of all GL accounts, accounts payable, ACH, drafts, exception items and card fraud resolution.
- Participate in developing the credit union strategic and business plans and operating budgets.
- Prepare required tax forms.
- Represent the credit union within the community to contribute to the overall mission of the credit union and its objectives.
- Provide information to the independent auditors and examiners as needed.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures.
- Maintain punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties assigned by the President/CEO.
- 5 or more years experience in banking or credit union accounting is required.
- 2 or more years management or supervisory experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations pertaining to credit union accounting and financial reporting is required.
Education and Skills required:
- BA or BS degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field is required, or acceptable employment experience may substitute for education.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and should possess excellent reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Must be able to operate standard office equipment and be competent in the operation of a computer and business software (i.e., Microsoft: Excel, Word) required to perform job duties.
- Must be able to work accurately within required timelines and regulatory deadlines with minimal supervision.