Vice President of Branch Transformation
Region: Eastern Washington, North Idaho
Contact: STCU Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (509) 326-1954
- Provide vision, leadership, and direction in the planning and implementation of organizational goals and priorities, effective processes and technology that support the branch operations and contributes to improved overall operational excellence and business development.
- Collaborate with COO, In and Out-of-Market Expansion Committee, branch directors and other stakeholders to develop a long-term branch expansion and transformation strategy including building designs and staffing models.
- Collaborate with CMO and key stakeholders on property acquisition and design.
- Stay involved in the branch expansion process during all phases of development and construction. This includes scheduling regular meetings or updates with the CMO, and other key project stakeholders as needed.
- Provide leadership, oversight and support of all aspects of the retail operations, member service, retail delivery, leader and staff development, and compliance with credit union policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations.
- Initiate, coach and guide the implementation of projects and activities to achieve a high level of results, and in support of STCU’s strategic plan.
- Participate with the COO and CDO in the development and execution of deposit and loan growth strategies to meet or exceed established goals and budget objectives. Works with business analytics to track relevant metrics, deposit/loan growth, credit union-wide promotions, etc. to measure effectiveness.
- Identify key areas of focus where product development and/or process improvement is needed in support of a positive member experience.
- Instill, support and maintain a positive member experience and member engagement environment through activities such as member journey mapping, process improvement, and proactive offering of additional products and services that benefit the member.
- Develop and maintain an effective organizational structure that supports the needs of the business and ensures divisional resources are allocated in alignment with the strategic focus of the credit union.
- Participate in and hold branch leadership accountable for community outreach to increase the credit union’s visibility and enhance new and existing business opportunities.
Team Development and Leadership
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals, increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
- Communicate and interact regularly with branch leadership and employees through branch visits, calls, and in-person meetings and training.
- Oversee the identification and development of high potential leader candidates throughout the branch system to ensure a robust leader pipeline is available to support internal promotion into leader positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree in business or organizational leadership is strongly preferred.
- Minimum ten years’ experience directing or managing financial institution branch staff and operations to include managing multiple functions, regions and locations.
- Credit Union industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Business development experience with a proven ability to network and build collaborative relationships within community.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- High level of drive coupled with the proven ability to execute on projects/tasks.
- Proven coaching skills to include developing employees towards exceptional performance.
- Strong preference for collaborating with others, as well as developing and maintaining cohesive relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands and provide leadership, change management tactics and support to branch staff in these areas as well.
- Reliable transportation is required due to frequent travel to branches.
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.
Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree in business or organizational leadership is strongly preferred.
STCU is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan