Vice President, Member Engagement
Peninsula Community Federal Credit Union
Kitsap County, WA
Contact: Lisa Nissinen-Harlow
Phone: (360) 426-1601
Title: VP- Member Engagement
Reports to: CEO/President
Primary Purpose of Job: Creating notable value and service experiences for our members to produce higher revenues and attain brand leader status. Nurtures, manages and oversees business development and branch operations to include executive direction for the call center electronic services. Develops business within the community through staff and personal efforts resulting in Branch growth, efficient member centric processes, and effective member communication.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate as a member of the Credit Union’s Executive and Leadership Teams.
- Attend Board of Director meetings and assigned Board Committee meetings.
- Contribute in the development of the Credit Union’s strategic plan, business plan, and budget.
- Develop short and long-term strategies and plans to support Credit Union growth objectives, profitability, and financial performance objectives.
- Uphold the Credit Union’s Service Expectations and the Leadership Team Charter.
- Works closely with Leadership Team members and other Credit Union departments to ensure effective communication, planning, training, and member focused interconnectedness.
Member Engagement/Community Facing Leadership
- Be a visible support of the Credit Union’s relationships with members, partnering organizations, and activities that positively engage the Credit Union with the community.
- Create and maintain a strong network that help connect the Credit Union with the industry as well as trends and practices.
- Identify, develop, and maintain positive vendor partnerships to support positive financial results.
- Defines optimum member priorities and targets. Leads development and implementation of member experience strategy. Spearheads the overall execution of initiatives in the direction of member experience excellence.
- Works cross-functionally to foster a member-centric culture of behaviors to enhance member lifetime value, disrupting chronic service issues when necessary.
- Oversee the development and execution of effective strategies, action steps, programs and processes necessary to achieve the overall business and operational objectives of the Credit Union, including all functions within the position’s responsibility.
- Prepare reports, presentations, offer expert advice, research issues and propose potential solutions to inform Credit Union Leadership Team and the Board of Directors at meetings and planning sessions.
- Generates strategic growth relating to overall credit union performance and success. This includes generating deposit, loan and other product/service growth through community involvement and business development.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement software programs and vendor relationships.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets and establish goals and services standards.
- Develop and monitor sales goals for each Branch. Providing coaching and regular sales meetings in order to build staff confidence, competence, and ability to meet goals and foster teamwork.
- Directly oversee administration of Branch and provide executive direction for e-Services operations, resulting in a high level of accuracy, efficient utilization of resources, and consistency in following Credit Union mission, policy, and procedures.
- Guide professional development of management and supervisory staff to advance skills and ensure effective day to day operations, staffing, sales, coaching and member service.
- Maintain knowledge of compliance and regulations to ensure and implement necessary changes to depository and ancillary products and services.
- Demonstrate and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of, and ensure compliance with, applicable regulatory requirements such as BSA, OFAC, CIP and internal policies and procedures.
- Oversees all personnel matters to ensure timely and accurate performance evaluations, interviews, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations in accordance with legal and acceptable Credit Union human resources practices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities desired:
Ability to manage and lead multiple full service branches. Minimum three years deposit, consumer loan, and financial operations experience. Proven leadership, motivational, administrative, interpersonal, and team building skills. Ability to organize, prioritize, and make quality decisions. Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills. Previous supervisory or management experience required. College degree or equivalent experience required. Experience with computers, on-line systems, and general office equipment. Credit Union Development Educator certification preferred.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or controls; use a standard computer keyboard and ten-key with repetitive wrist and hand motion; reach with hands and arms; balance, stoop, or kneel; talk and hear. Ability to open large file drawers and be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Noise level is usually minimal. Office working environment. Potential exposure to armed robbery. Frequent travel between PCU locations. Must possess a valid driver’s license. May work additional/irregular hours, including weekends, as needed or requested.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Aspects of this position may be changed or supplemented from time to time, at the sole discretion of management.