Vice President Human Resources
Oregon State Credit Union
Contact: Brie Caffey
Email: [email protected]
Our Vice President Human Resources requires more than just a knowledge of labor laws and benefits; leading the HR initiatives at Oregon State Credit Union, a billion dollar financial institution, requires integrity, tact, professionalism and a commitment to our not-for-profit culture.
Our VP HR is a key position that calls for a leadership style that reinforces the employee trust the credit union has created. In addition to be being responsible for all aspects of HR programs and policies, recruitment, benefits, reporting and compliance, you’ll need to uncover and champion solutions that are in the best interest of the credit union and employees, alike.
Reporting to the CFO, you’ll provide counsel to management on sensitive employee relations issues, conduct investigations when necessary and make recommendations regarding discipline and employee complaints. The ability to act with confidentiality, confidence and political acumen is essential. You’ll ensure consistent policy administration, develop and implement strategies to enhance employee relations and retention, develop the department’s budget, annual plan and business goals and supervise a staff of two. You will be responsible to ensure compliance with laws and regulations such as EEO, AA, Wage and Hour and ERISA and will be accountable for the accurate and timely filings of reports and notices.
Working with senior management, our VP HR role demands a diverse and high degree of decision making, project management, strategic planning, budgeting, problem solving, coaching and leadership.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, related field or equivalent experience
- 5 – 8 years of human resources generalist experience
- Minimum of 5 years of HR management/leadership experience, required
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and HR software
- Exceptional communication and decision making skills, required
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP designation, preferred
- 1 year financial services industry experience, preferred
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, vision, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with an amazingly generous employer contribution
- Bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
Submit your resume right now with our 3 minute application!
Location: 4800 SW Research Way, Corvallis
Work type: Full-Time, Exempt
Annual Compensation: $136,750/yr + bonus (DOE)
Equal opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
The above information is intended to provide the general nature of work performed in this position and outline primary qualifications. See the job description for complete details.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
|4 Year Degree|