Vice President Finance/CFO
Contact: Rose Gallegso
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (253) 565-9895
- Partners with the CEO to assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and TAPCO’s long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Engage the Board on issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery. Assist in establishing yearly objective and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
- Oversees and manages TAPCO’s asset liability management, along with management of TAPCO’s investment portfolio.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with TAPCO’s strategic plan.
- Develops, maintains and updated effective strategies, policies and procedures for supervised areas. Ensures that plans, policies and procedures are in accordance with laws, regulations, industry trends, and further Credit Union initiatives.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, regulatory requirements, and Office of Management and Budge audit requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop and maintain reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Responsible for the assessment, monitoring, and management of the Credit Union’s overall risk profile including responsibility for recommendations to the Board for changes in the various risk components of the balance sheet depending on both internal and external conditions.
- Oversee management of the investment portfolio, in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and in accordance with the Credit Union’s Investment Policy. Monitor portfolio risks and performance.
- Provides leadership and direction to supervised area staff. Ensures that staff is well trained, effective and optimally used. Monitors individual performance and effectiveness. Conducts performance reviews annually. Implements corrective actions as needed.
- Develops and maintains annual finance and accounting budges. Approves department expenses.
- Performs special studies as requested by the CEO and/or Board of Directors.
- Maintains an in-depth, up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for all areas supervised.
- Ensures and Models a high level of customer service and professional demeanor and appearance.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws, including those of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), as it specifically relates to the job functions.
- Assumes responsibility for other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field. CPA requires.
- Seven years’ financial institution experience with an emphasis on accounting and finance.
- Experience managing the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting).
- Experience with asset liability and investment portfolio management.
- Experience working with the CEO and Board of Directors on financial matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Excellent understanding of GAAP, accounting practices and principals.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment.
- Master’s degree in finance, business administration or related field.
- MBA preferred.
- 5-years’ experience as a supervisor or manager in a credit union, bank or other financial institution.
- Previous experience as a CFO in a credit union setting/
- Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.