Vice President, Business Services
iQ Credit Union
Region: SW Washington/Portland
Contact: Shelan Stritzke
Phone: (360) 418-4469
- Responsible for overall credit quality of the commercial loan portfolio. Approve loans and exceptions within credit limits. Work closely with loan officer/underwriters, and other team members to move forward with business member loans. Responsible for reviewing loans once they are ready for approval. Prepare and present credit presentations for Business Loan Committee and Board of Directors.
- Ensure proper quality control measures are taken as related to tax returns, profit and loss statements, cash flow, credit worthiness, financial statements, credit reports, appraisals, business plans and other related documentation.
- Act as the senior underwriting manager of the organization’s business lending function. Review work of loan officer/underwriters, act as liaison to loan committee, and ensure loans are structured appropriately and risks are analyzed and mitigated.
- Responsible for fostering and developing new and existing business and community relationships within the Credit Union’s field of membership. Participate in business development and community engagement activities. Attend networking events to deepen relationships with existing business members and to attract new business members.
- Responsible for all Business deposit products and services, including analyzing product performance, proposing new deposit products or services, ensuring proper implementation of any new products or services. Provides management and guidance to Business Services business development staff and ensures relationships with key business members are maintained.
- Lead the Business Services team, provides guidance and direction, shares Credit Union goals and vision, responsible for maintaining a positive department culture and morale. Address and resolve departmental employee relations matters appropriately.
- Responsible for the hiring, coaching, and performance management of staff in the Business Services Department. Conduct performance evaluations in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with Business Lending Operations Manager to ensure efficient workflow procedures are in place and credit quality standards are consistently met.
- Develop, monitor, and enforce all underwriting policies, guidelines, in all originated transactions. Provide underwriting and loan structure recommendations and guidance to upper management. Prepare, analyze, and distribute recurring and ad hoc reports. Ensure MBL maximums meet regulatory requirements.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.
- Eight to ten years similar or related experience.
- Minimum 5 years advanced credit experience in commercial real estate, construction & development and C&I lending.
- 5+ years progressive management experience.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).