Remote if in Oregon or Washington
Starting Pay Range: $40.10 – $50.20 per hour
Location: Eugene, Oregon; Remote work is a possibility in Oregon or Washington
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As a UX Designer you will execute the strategy, architecture, design and implementation of enhanced member experiences in all digital contexts. You will work cross-functionally, pairing insights from business units with member insights, persona characteristics, member and system analytics and user and business objectives. Success for you will entail increasing our member loyalty and meeting business objectives via improved member experiences.
Every day you will:
- Infuse user-centered design, including research and workshops, into project work.
- Lead analysis of experiences through the lens of user experience principles such as: usable, useful, findable, valuable, credible, desirable and accessible.
- Lead customer journey mapping and empathy mapping workshops and formulate workshop discoveries into recommendations.
- Conduct usability testing sessions and member interviews to garner insights on existing processes, new developments or concept prototypes.
- Create wireframes, prototypes, sitemaps and style guides, utilizing tools such as Figma and InVision for designing and sharing designs.
- Partner with the Senior UX Designer in implementation of strategic initiatives including, but not limited to persona research, customer journey mapping and member experience.
- Plan and design for post-launch measurement and analysis of system usage data.
- Shepherd design through to final tactical launch of digital experiences, ensuring alignment of envisioned user experience through to execution.
- Demonstrate familiarity and comfort using multiple project management methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
To thrive in this role you must have:
- A minimum of three years of UX design experience; demonstrating expertise in user experience principles, customer journey mapping, personas and customer experience
Experience in the financial services industry is helpful.
Bachelor’s degree required and/or demonstrated experience driving measurable business outcomes.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer