Training and Development Manager – Instructional Designer
Harborstone Credit Union
Contact: Bryan Gribble
Phone: (253) 365-6515
- Prioritizes continuous learning and development and participates in educational opportunities for self and department.
- Create awareness of offerings and impact of learning and development on the organization.
- Routinely observes and evaluates Talent and Development Specialists.
- Collaborates with managers and supervisors to assess team member development needs and makes recommendations for improving team member performance.
- Proactively partner with business leaders to identify, conduct needs assessments, and solve day-to-day challenges with holistic programmatic solutions.
- Maintains personal networks and actively participates in professional organizations.
- Earns the trust and confidence of others and delivers on commitments.
- Demonstrated quick, concise and clear communication, both verbal and written, at a high level with individuals at different levels of the organization and with different backgrounds and skill sets.
- Possess a technical and analytical aptitude, and a creative acumen.
- Proven ability to develop, analyze and evaluate statistical data.
- Excellent organizational, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management and manages multiple projects and delivers with tight deadlines.
- Uses a working knowledge of effective training techniques and methodologies and adult learning theory.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills across varied platforms (e.g., virtual, in-person).
- Has deep knowledge of credit union operations and functions including lending and deposit products, services, practices, and procedures.
- Proven ability to adapt and lead change.
- Demonstrated experience providing feedback to others in a professional and influential manner.
- Driven performer with an aptitude for continuous learning.
- Seven or more years of previous experience in designing, delivering, and managing enterprise-wide learning and development programs preferred.
- Five or more years supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Five years’ experience in training in a financial institution preferred.
- A certificate in Instructional Design and Facilitation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, training and development, organizational development, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Must be able to effectively read, write, and listen as well as communicate verbally, electronically and in written form with employees, members, board members, vendors, and the general public as required.
- May be asked to handle, move, and/or carry large boxes of supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May require stooping, bending, squatting, and reaching for limited periods of time.
May require sitting and standing for long periods of time.