Titles Team Lead
Beginning Pay Range: $21.03 – $26.29 per hour
OCCU is looking for an experienced Titles Team Lead to join our growing and high performing team! The Titles Team Lead’s responsibility is to assist the Special Services Manager in leading the functions and tasks of the titles area of the Special Services department with collaborative leadership exercising humility and bigheartedness with all team members and OCCU members while being pleasantly assertive with dealerships when necessary. Primary area of leadership will be with the Title representatives and DMV representatives. The Titles Team Lead actively participates in everyday operations with overall quality metrics and compliance in mind, as well as handle escalated situations, working with other department staff and members directly as needed.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Title and DMV processing in accordance with state regulations.
- Responsible for processing incoming garnishments while small claims and bankruptcy depts work remote.
- Process Letters of Guarantee
- Assist manager in monitoring Titles teams’ metrics to ensure service levels and operating metrics are achieved. Escalate concerns to the Special Services manager in a timely fashion.
- Establish organization within department by assisting with assigning responsibilities, delegating work, scheduling, and training employees in collaboration with the Special Services manager.
- Assist with backlog in processing titles, payoff’s, DMV processing, member and dealer title releases. Provide support for member facing staff.
- Actively pursue a team environment focused on goal achievement, high quality standards, and high performance.
- Effectively communicate with bigheartedness and humility when coaching team through functions, regulation changes, and process changes.
- Resolve highly complex problems or escalations of member issues, inquiries, or complaints. Confer with manager on “grey” area or one-off issues that need resolution.
- Partner with the special services manager for policy and procedures needing revisions to assure accuracy and efficiency.
- Communicate with other departments, managers, or dealers to resolve member issues.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in all phases of title and DMV processing in a dealership, DMV office or financial institution
- Minimum of one year of experience as a lead or supervisor in a similar role or environment
Equivalent to a high school education.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer