Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union has an opening for a Title Specialist at our East Bremerton location. If you have a passion for the details and experience in banking, this could be the role for you! You will be involved with title processing and ensuring compliance with state laws. This position is responsible for supporting the branches and members by coordinating and facilitating incoming title paperwork, perfecting and releasing liens and other loan servicing activities ensuring effective and efficient department operations. You will have opportunities every day to make connections and deepen relationships with our members and branch staff.
Some of What You Will Do
- Manages and processes all vehicle documentation including appropriate fees, tax and title information, and registrations according to specific state law. Collaborates with County employees and requests quotes for accuracy
- Maintains a working knowledge of title terminology, concepts, practices and procedures, and individual state laws
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of title documentation in an effort to resolve and avoid collateral issues
- Ensures perfection of a lien in a timely manner by following up with branches, members, and others through various communication channels
- Reviews electronic lien system to monitor for lien perfections or title issues
- Ships plates and registration to the members upon receipt from the Department of Licensing
- Provides title support to members and front-line staff
- Manages the release of perfected documents on paid in full loan
- Responds to letters of guarantee
- Processes error corrects and other loan adjustments as needed
- HS Diploma or GED
- Two plus years of experience working in a bank, credit union or similar financial environment
- Knowledge of title processes
Schedule: Availability Monday – Friday
Pay: $21.39+/hr DOE
Who We Are
The Pacific Northwest is a great place to call home. That’s how we at Kitsap Credit Union have felt ever since we opened our doors in 1934 within the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Starting off as Navy Yard Metal Trades Credit Union, we’ve undergone a few name changes and our commitment to serving the community has never changed.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******