Oregon State Credit Union
Contact: Brie Caffey
Would you prefer to work all year long? Use your cashiering and customer service experience to start a professional career! At Oregon State Credit Union, we are about offering unsurpassed service. If you have a positive personality, a real desire to help others, and the willingness to do your best every day, join us in creating financial solutions that makes lives better!
As a Teller in our Newport Branch, you’ll get to know our members in order to identify needs and provide solutions that are in their best financial interest. While processing financial transactions like cash deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, and check cashing, you’ll model our culture of active listening, collaboration, and expressing appreciation. Math accuracy, computer skill, professionalism and confidence are required for this entry-level, career position.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better. As the front-line face of the credit union, the service you’ll provide via friendliness and cash accuracy is critical to our success.
Schedule: Varied days/hours. Must be available to work M-F 7:45 am – 6:15 pm and one Saturday a month until 1:15 pm
What you will need to be successful:
- Positive attitude, self-confidence and engaging personality
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Cash handling and Microsoft computer experience
- Relevant experience in the financial industry, preferred
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- Initial and on-going training; promotion opportunities
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage also available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with an amazingly generous employer match!
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
Location: 1923 North Coast Hwy, Newport
Work type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: $15/hr + bonus and incentives
Equal opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
The above information is intended to provide the general nature of work performed in this position and outline primary qualifications. See the complete job description.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.