Technology Support Specialist I
Rivermark Community Credit Union
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors desktop support queue and prioritizes service requests for the team.
- Assists in gathering information for service tickets.
- Troubleshoots and corrects desktop software and hardware issues. Researches and resolves desktop computer operational problems. Responds to user inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation or to resolve problems.
- Assist with the setup of workstations, laptops, projectors, printers, copiers and other peripheral devices. Loads necessary software and tests the configuration. Provides current software and hardware updates as necessary.
- Installs, tests, repairs and maintains all desktop and desktop-related hardware and software.
- With direction, develop knowledge articles, FAQs and other helpful documentation for both general users and Technology staff.
- Assists with Personal Teller Kiosk (PTK) troubleshooting and reporting of service calls.
- Troubleshoot printer, copier, scanner and card printer issues; escalate to vendor for support as required.
- Assists with supporting the Credit Unions mobile phones and tablets, including both Android and Apple devices.
- Assists with monitoring and maintaining inventory of desktop computers, printers, spare components and associated supplies.
- Assists with telecommunication needs, including moving and setting up phones, voicemail setup and general phone features.
- Recommends changes to desktop computer minimum hardware requirements as appropriate.
- Seeks ways to streamline work processes and continuously improve the Credit Union.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years of end-user service experience. Financial institution, desktop or similar technical support experience preferred. Knowledge of XP2 core system desirable. Successful completion of a college-level computer operations course preferred. A+, Network+, and CompTIA certifications highly desirable.
Requirements Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated personal computer software and hardware configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency with current Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 7 and 10). Familiarity with general networking.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and web browsers. Experience troubleshooting other desktop applications desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software and other system problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer support and a positive attitude while under stress.
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals and discuss highly technical concepts with users of varying technical understanding.
- Ability to multi-task and work seamlessly and efficiently across several different platforms simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently yet participate successfully in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously yet remain flexible to changing priorities.
- Ability to quickly analyze and diagnose desktop-related issues to achieve resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact when dealing with management and staff.
- Proven ability to maintain the confidentiality of systems and information.
- Ability and desire to learn and understand new technologies and tools.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
Frequent contact with employees at all levels within the organization. Occasional contact with vendors.
Occasional local travel.