Support Services Lead
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time hourly remote Support Services Lead to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. This position supports the front office and internal departments through the delivery of leadership and guidance for the daily operations of the time-sensitive and highly regulated Support Services activities for one or more service lines such as: ATM Network; card orders and services; Automated Clearing House (ACH) functions; item processing; levies and garnishments; cash ordering; deposit balancing; wire funds transfers; and/or account research. This position directly oversees and monitors team personnel to ensure that all daily operational functions are performed accurately and timely to prevent potential financial losses to KCU or the member.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time, Hourly
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8-5 PM
Starting Wage: $25.75 DOE
Typical Job Duties
- Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed by staff to meet strict regulatory, compliance, and contractual deadlines
- Acts as escalation point to staff for internal, vendor and system problems
- Provides guidance to Support Services staff in handling processing problems or exceptions by directing research, troubleshooting, and problem resolution. Responsible for making judgment calls with expert knowledge of systems, payments, regulations, and contractual procedures and policies
- Organizes test cases and data and performs user testing for new products and services. Assists Manager in developing procedures and controls for new products. Trains staff on new processes
- Acts as a point of contact for internal and external auditors/regulators
- Performs audits of department work to ensure regulatory timelines are met and transactions are processed in a timely and accurate manner. Monitors team performance and reports/reviews daily statistics
- Performs daily scheduling of staff and activities, including lunches and breaks. Acts as back-up for daily operations and functions when department is behind or needs additional support
- Trains new staff on daily activities and is responsible for coordinating the department’s cross-training activities
This role may be right for you if you are passionate about member service and lending, and you enjoy research and investigations-based work. You pride yourself on your ability to hone in on small details and catch data discrepancies. Your previous employers praise your ability to ability to work well in a fast-paced deadline-sensitive environment, and your previous co-workers talk about the ease with which you handle what otherwise might be difficult conversations with customers and stakeholders. Your friends consider you easy to talk to and your family is proud of your ability to thrive and grow amidst adversity.
- HS Diploma or GED, required.
- Three+ years financial industry experience with strong payment operations experience.
- Direct experience in a lead or supervisory capacity or payments training role.
- Advanced knowledge of policies, practices, procedures, applicable laws, codes, regulations, and materials related to the operation and maintenance of payments and electronic records.
- AAP certification or equivalent or willingness to begin certification process within 1 year.
- Three years of experience in basic accounting.
- Fedline and Episys experience.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******