Verity Credit Union
Contact: Lauren Ploskey
Phone: (206) 440-9000
Job Level: Experienced
Job Location: Northgate – Seattle, WA
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: Associate’s Degree or higher
Salary Range: $21.50 – $25.75 Hourly
Job Category: Accounting
We are hiring an experienced Staff Accountant (Accountant II) to join our team! This position is primarily responsible for processing payroll, routine daily accounting, general ledger reconciliations, and monthly closing. This position also assists the Accounting Manager in a variety of financial and regulatory reporting. Ideal candidates are highly collaborative, service-focused, detail-oriented, and deliver high quality results.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee’s own reviews.
We Believe. . .
– Trust is earned each day.
– Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
– People come first, before the bottom line.
– Community engagement propels us forward.
– Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Accountant II is responsible for following monthly duties including, but not limited to:
– Process bi-weekly payroll and complete subsequent reports.
– Maintains month-end journal entries, accruals and financial schedules.
– Reviews accounts payable for Use Tax and accuracy.
– Maintains the fixed asset system.
– Assists with the quarterly 5300 Call Report.
– Reconciles certain general ledger accounts.
– Daily balancing of accounting software and core software.
– Ensure regulatory reports and returns are filed.
– Perform special projects and other job-related duties as assigned.
Apply here: https://www.veritycu.com/careers
Education and Experience
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is preferred.
- Degree in other discipline, and/or relevant experience may be substituted.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to write, use and understand sophisticated spreadsheet functions.
- Ability to learn and use new computer software with limited training and supervision.
- Ability to learn and apply complex financial concepts.
- Independent self-starter who seeks work and learning opportunities.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to the Credit Union’s employees, members and visitors.
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
Verity Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with a diverse staff and group of vendors.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to visually recognize, reconcile, and verify numerical details for accuracy.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.