SR Training and Development Specialist
Central Willamette Credit Union
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consults with leaders on organizational development and change management, supporting and facilitating customized strategies and solutions that drive sustainable change, achieve transformational business results and build leader/organizational capability.
- Consult with management to assess needs related to staff development in alignment with business goals and the Talent Management Program.
- Design, develops, schedules, conducts, leads and coordinates the organizational development and training activities in response to specific needs of employees and to meet the objectives of the strategic priorities.
- Proactively assess the organizational development needs at enterprise, division, team and individual levels and use that information to implement actions, programs and processes to effectively and efficiently address those needs.
- Provides strategic and tactical direction regarding Learning, Development and Change Management to leadership and the broader organization.
- Supports and advises on the design, development, purchase, facilitation, marketing, administration and evaluation of learning programs and assets (e.g., classroom training, online development resources, mobile learning, and simulations) for the enterprise.
- Builds user-friendly, effective tools, processes and resources readily available to targeted audiences (business leaders, facilitators, HR Business Partners) to support development and build capability.
- Act as Instructional Designer through all phases of training/educational projects from analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation. Blend sound learning solutions with creative eLearning design and Instructor-led strategies to create highly engaging and interactive programs on time and within budget.
- Fulfill Instructional Design duties including content development, script writing, storyboarding, assessment creation, and evaluation. Prepare clear learning objectives that reflect required performance.
- Establish and nurture strong partnerships with internal business units to ensure that New Hire, and other functional training are aligned with organizational goals and support the member experience.
- Contribute to the refinement and improvement of online instruction, instructional development standards and methodology, and exploration of new technologies.
- Provide training support for new or enhanced products, services, processes and procedures. Develop training materials with input from subject matter experts, colleagues, and relevant/existing training documents and develop the Train the trainer program.
- Actively participate in the selection, promotion, delivery and reporting of courses and events supporting Leader Development and Continuous Learning programs.
- Monitor and report on training and performance effectiveness, providing feedback to participants and reporting performance results to management.
- Conduct and manage the delivery and tracking of staff development sessions.
- Performs all responsibilities in accordance with CWCU Values, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Attend training and comply with CWCU policies and procedures as well as applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Presentation/facilitation skills, with the ability to conceptualize and present at both the “big picture” and detail level.
- Ability to provide clear feedback and follow through to reinforce desired outcomes.
- Ability to design and develop curriculum and training materials using adult learning concepts and theories that facilitate hands-on experiential learning.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, staff, and outside contacts.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Ability to coach and mentor using positive reinforcement; providing clear feedback and follow through to reinforce changes in performance.
- Ability to present, conduct training classes professionally in person and online.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Effective leadership, negotiation and consulting skills
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member by developing and maintaining internal relationships.
- Ability to set goals and objectives, remaining flexible to changes.
- Ability to research and compile information, make recommendations based on the data collected, and effectively deliver the results to fulfill management needs related to organizational goals.
- Classroom facilitation, team-building, and goal-setting experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organization Development, Business Administration, Industrial Psychology, Education, Human Resource Development or other related discipline required, or equivalent work or education experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Three years in a training or support specialist role or formal Coaching/Mentor experience required.
- Training experience at CWCU or another financial institution preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience with group facilitation, team building, and goal setting.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience developing and presenting training/seminars to adult audiences required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Instructional Design. Demonstrated skill in developing interactive training courses and performance support solutions.
- Proficient Learning Management System and PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.