SIS Operations & Service Manager
SELCO Insurance Services
SIS Operations & Service Manager
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Work Location: This position is only eligible for in office/branch work arrangements
Employment type/status: Regular, Full-time
Benefit eligible: Yes – full benefits
FSLA status: Exempt
Required schedule/availability: Monday-Friday (8:30am-5:30pm)
As a member-focused credit union, we’re looking for new team members who have a desire to help others. Whether empowering people to reach their goals in person or behind the scenes, our employees share a commitment to creating meaningful relationships with our members and community. We’re also a fun place to work, and we offer competitive pay, professional development, and great benefits!
SELCO Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
SELCO Insurance Services is looking for a full-time Operations & Service Manager to join the SELCO Insurance Services team in Springfield, Oregon. This position is responsible for leading the Customer Service and Administrative teams to achieve company goals and driving continuous efforts to achieve high customer satisfaction, retention, and operational efficiency. The successful candidate will have an associate’s degree in Business or a related field, or equivalent related experience, two (2) years of insurance or financial institution experience, and one (1) year of supervisory experience. To learn more about SELCO, view the full position description, and apply, please visit https://www.selco.org/join/careers!
Essential job duties include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Partner with leadership to ensure effective team management including the following:
- Provide team member oversight, conduct regular reviews of individual performance, provide appropriate performance feedback and coaching, and initiate employment actions when necessary.
- Ensure adequate training and cross-training to accomplish organization objectives and provide high-quality service to internal and external customers with a focus on retention.
- Identify staffing needs and recommend staff allocation to management.
- Requisition open positions and follow through with staff selection in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate and assist others in providing effective leadership, including:
- Maintaining mission, corporate values, service promises and standards.
- Ensuring adequate, effective and professional communication.
- Fostering a professional, safe and productive work environment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of process and procedure improvements to enhance the department’s service capabilities and operational efficiencies.
- Manage the Credit Union Insurance Products Division of SIS, including sales, training and coaching, claims management, reporting and billing reconciliation.
- Create, update, and ensure adherence to procedures, policies, and compliance obligations.
- Assist with research and annual budgetary recommendations. Approve bills as submitted within budget.
Skills and abilities include (please see the position description for a comprehensive list):
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in person, over the phone, and in writing including through electronic channels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with individuals and groups at all levels both within and outside the company.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong computer and software skills, including Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc.), core system and insurance systems. Ability to create reports and manage databases.
- Ability to apply knowledge acquired through experience, job training, and self-study.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills with a high level of initiative, responsibility, and accountability, including flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent; and
- Associate degree in Business or related field or equivalent related experience; and
- At least two (2) years of insurance or financial institution experience; and
- At least one (1) year of supervisory experience; and
- Valid Oregon property & casualty; and
- Must be bondable.