Senior Training & Development Specialist
Advantis Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
Contact: Human Resources
The Senior Training & Development Specialist works as an integral part of a collaborative team responsible for the assessment, design, development, implementation and evaluation of the Credit Union’s education and training programs. The role is responsible for the effective design and delivery of instructionally sound, creative, and high-quality employee learning experiences.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Plans, designs, and creates effective training programs in a variety of formats.
- Leverages a variety of formats and techniques with an emphasis on interactivity and real-world application relevant for adult learners in a financial environment.
- Creates Learning courses that achieve stated objectives using effective instructional design.
- Evaluates and confirms learning objectives through ongoing needs assessments.
- Participates on project teams; creates and manages the training timeline and deliverables.
- Continually evaluates training programs to measure effectiveness and instructional strategies
- Maintains familiarity with all established training programs delivered by the credit union, and steps in as relief trainer as needed.
- Keeps current with latest content development technologies and tools as well as eLearning best practices and trends.
- Works with the Director of Training & Development to create the annual strategic training plan.
- Serves as back-up for our Learning Management Systems Administration.
- Provides back-up support to Training Specialists, as needed.
- Three (3) years’ prior experience in training and curriculum design, development and delivery – in a financial institution setting preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience designing and developing eLearning content. Experience using Adobe Captivate and/or Articulate Storyline preferred.
- Experience managing learning management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional technology, adult learning business, human resources, organizational development, communication or a closely related field is required. Formal education in adult learning methods is preferred.
- Experience with Analysis-Design-Development-Implementation-Evaluation (ADDIE) instructional design methods and integrating such methods into learning materials and program development is desirable.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment tools, instructional design methods, blended learning strategies, and Kirkpatrick’s four-level evaluation model.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional, facilitation and presentation skills. Has a dynamic, engaging facilitation style.
- Creative aptitude using Training design software and applications, knowledge and learning management systems, and member database systems. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge managing learning management systems; user profiles and content management, email communications, uploading files, data analysis and reporting.
- Excellent organization, planning and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to credit union operations. Ability to interpret and apply Advantis policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at a variety of skill levels on a regular basis.
- Ability to act independently with minimum direction.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun.
We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home. If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
To apply for this position, please click here.
To learn more about Advantis, please click here.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.